SANDCRAWLER STUDIO SCALE 3D MODEL

I would use a large FDM printer for the shell sections; maybe a CR-10S5, on a decent layer height. A Prusa i3/Ultimaker for the tank tracks/treads and a resin printer for the greeblies; an Elegoo Mars/Saturn. I only recommend these printers because that's what I have, but u could use almost anything if u take it slow, with good rez and are ok to slice
You're an amazing artist! What are the chances of convincing you to develop the same for a 3D printable version of the Cygnus for the Disney movie The Black Hole?

I would use a large FDM printer for the shell sections; maybe a CR-10S5, on a decent layer height. A Prusa i3/Ultimaker for the tank tracks/treads and a resin printer for the greeblies; an Elegoo Mars/Saturn. I only recommend these printers because that's what I have, but u could use almost anything if u take it slow, with good rez and are ok to slice

Attachments

• Cygnus.jpeg
    Cygnus.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 103
Thanks dude...I think there is already a printable model of this ship

There is but it has issues. I could give you the files that I have - with your skill I'm pretty sure you could improve and/or complete the ship. Its a crazy amount of girders like a spider web. Very difficult to print on an FDM...

But back on topic - your modeling is awesome, and I've always thought a good model of the Sandcrawler was something that a lot of people would enjoy!

Jedi Dade

Yes, I will be releasing the files when I'm done, which will be scaled to Studio Scale, but you can scale them to whatever size you want

So the back panel is now also done...all the fave kits are present...Sealab, Saturn 5, Hawker and Rad 8 and a smattering of AMT parts.
There's plenty of sneaky little parts tucked away but I think I got them all...but I've left off some of the bendy pipes which will be added later
View attachment 1452484
Wow great job!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back