1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run SAMUS ARAN Helmet Kit

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by thorssoli, Jan 3, 2019.

1. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm just about ready to mold this beauty:
    32712696768_54f580d374_c.jpg

Here's a shot of the side and back during the earlier stages of smoothing out the prototype:
    45427970955_a599651be3_c.jpg

45427971245_ef84370d30_c.jpg

And here's my lovely girlfriend trying it on before I fitted the faceshield:
    31645866017_241a6c5dfe_c.jpg
    I don't know her head circumference, but she's 5' 8.5" tall and this thing fits my own 23.5" head with plenty of room for padding and whatnot.

The cheek hoses are already printed up and will be molded and cast separately:
    45396830325_42b6fae017_c.jpg

If anyone else wants a copy, I'm offering kits at a pre-order price of $200 plus shipping. This will include a light green tinted acrylic visor formed to fit inside the helmet. I need a non-refundable $100 deposit to add you to the list. The remaining $100 plus shipping will be due when your kit is ready to ship.

If you wait until I post pics of the first kit out of the mold, the price will increase to $225 plus shipping.

Post here if you'd like to get in on this run and I'll PM you with payment details.

2. thorssoli

Filled in the gap around the visor:
    46544450712_c56262782a_c.jpg

Just a bit more polishing and this beauty will be ready for rubber.

Post here if you'd like to get in on this run and I'll PM you with payment details.

3. Lord Uglor

Lord Uglor New Member

I think I'd like to get in on this run, please.

4. thorssoli

Got your deposit. Thank you.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with payment details.