Samurai Oni demon costume I made for Halloween a few years ago.

Darthragnar

Howdy my fellow RP-mutha-F%$kers!. lol Just figured I'd share some photos of a costume I created for Halloween a few years back. I wanted to make my own take on a Samurai Oni demon concept. I sculpted this on an Ultracal lifecast of my head using monster clay, then I made a mold with Ultracal and ran it in foam latex tinted red then airbrushed/handpainted in the details with Monster Makers mask paint. I had my younger brother help me apply it, and he made his own mask/costume Oni as well and I helped him apply his mask. I made the teeth as well using dental acrylic etc. The horns were all sculpted with Monster clay and silicone molds were made and I ran them in Smoothcast resin from Smooth-on. The Samurai armor was made using patterns I found of authentic Samurai armor online. I made tracings of the patterns in my Felxisign program and cut out stencils in vinyl with my sign decal cutter/plotter and I applied them to cardboard and then contact cemented them to a red fake leather and punched holes for all the lacing. I ordered a bulk bunch of shoelaces off ebay and it took FOREVER to lace the pieces together! lol. I still haven't made a Samurai helmet but I may do that some day. I also found patterns and instructions online for sewing authentic Samurai clothing and sewed the Hakama and Kosode (shirt and pants) myself as well. All in all I am pretty stoked with how it turned out. On top of it all I drum in a band and we played a local bar for Halloween that night. Man was I toasty! I had a giant fan blowing on me and had to keep going outside after sets ha ha. Anyways I hope you guys all dig it. Thanks for looking, and stay healthy my friends!. Oh and I attached a video as well so you can see me emote with the mask on etc.
Adam
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_2854.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2903.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG
IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG
IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG
IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2943.JPG

Attachments

• Samurai Oni Costume.mp4
    18.6 MB
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back