Sam Mendes' 1917 (Post-release)

What did you think of 1917?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I dig it. I don't know enough world war I history off the top of my head, anyone know if this is based off an actual situation (the attack that needs calling off), or a completely fictional story set in historical time period?

I dig it. I don't know enough world war I history off the top of my head, anyone know if this is based off an actual situation (the attack that needs calling off), or a completely fictional story set in historical time period?

I don’t BELIEVE that it is...but my WWI history is pretty rusty.

Best I'm working from is "blueprint to Armageddon"; and that was pretty top level conceptual stuff in the grand scheme of things.

I know a fair amount about ww1, but I'm not sure what specific event this is about. I had thought it might be about the first day of the Somme, but that was in 1916. There were many battles that should have been called off during that war, so it could be any of those. I'm kinda looking forward to this and seeing what it's all about.

Saw some behind-the-scene clips of the new movie "1917", directed by Sam Mendes. Looks very good and what is crazy about it is that it's going to be in real time and one take. The technique of camera handling was pushed beyond anything seen before in a movie...looking forward to see it on the big screen:cool::cool:

So is this movie being called amazing because it is filmed as all one shot (so I've heard?) Is the story good, or is it just getting attention because of HOW it was filmed?

Don't know if it's any good but I hate people saying it was filmed all in one shot/take, it was not, (that's not aimed at you niennumb1)
I hope it's good, it looks interesting and there aren't enough WW1 films out there.

So is this movie being called amazing because it is filmed as all one shot (so I've heard?) Is the story good, or is it just getting attention because of HOW it was filmed?
According to what I have read, it is shot and digitally edited so that it appears to be not one but two long shots. There is a moment at some point in the film where one character loses consciousness, and that is where the apparent first shot ends and the second begins.

SSB

What a brilliant film - went to see it yesterday. Cannot see anyone being disappointed when watching it. First time I'd been in a 4dx theatre too.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back