Saiyan Armor

Revanchist84

My very first pepakura project and so not the cleanest :D

This is a Saiyan armor from Dragonball Z mainly worn by Vegeta in the Cell saga.
I'm planning to do the whole process. From pepakura to casting.

This is the armor in the anime serie.
tumblr_lizkptD7Wq1qevixfo1_500.jpg

This is what I got so far.

Chest, sides and abs.
SANY0066.jpg

Upper and lower back.
SANY0067.jpg

Looks good so far, keep it up. I plan on doing Nappa's armor using the foam method, once my current projects are finished.

i can tell you you dont want to do this in pepakura. this is supposed to be flexible, i would use the pepakura templates and make it out of foam. unless youre gonna cast it in silicone or latex.
also, it has to be a tight fit, which will be hard in pep :)

ive allready started a vegeta build some time ago, so i know the problems :D
so either latex/silicone, or foam, otherwise you wont be happy wearing it

i can tell you you dont want to do this in pepakura. this is supposed to be flexible, i would use the pepakura templates and make it out of foam. unless youre gonna cast it in silicone or latex.
also, it has to be a tight fit, which will be hard in pep :)

ive allready started a vegeta build some time ago, so i know the problems :D
so either latex/silicone, or foam, otherwise you wont be happy wearing it

Thanks for the advice

instead of pep, you may want to look into foam for this. the saiyan armor was flexible. so you may be able to find some camping mats that would work well. and i saw some place mats that look like the shoulder strapping. if you get towards the hair. yellow craft foam sheets can make some awesome hair pieces. ive seen some pics of them at d-con.
ill be following this.

I'm gonna keep tabs on this thread. I've wanted to do Vegeta for Halloween for years, but I ain't spending hundreds of dollars to get something cheap from Japan lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back