Sabine Wren for my wife.....first WIP

fuumantroop

Hello friends!
just wanted to get the ball rolling on thread posting here on the rpf. I am building Sabine Wren from Star Wars Rebels, for my lovely wife. I am HOPING to have this completed before the 2nd week of April, so she can wear this for my sons 6th birthday party, and yes it is a Star Wars theme!

anyways, i drew out the templates i found online on EVA foam i purchased from Harbor Freight. I am in the process of forming the cut out foam, and test fitting them on my wife. My goal is to ensure the templates are sized correctly according to the screen used armor, and in the same relation as Sabines armor is to Sabines body.

so heres most of the components, minus the chest pieces, shoulder bells, and foot armor, heated and formed.

my ultimate goal is to have the foam hardened, possibly by coating the formed foam with Elmers Wood Glue(since i have some handy and it will be more cost efficient for now), and THEN using the hardened foam armor as a mold to shape this armor out of Sintra. By using foam first, i can see exactly if i sized the templates correctly first hand.

if there IS a better way to harden EVA foam and use it for what i intend to do, i am ALWAYS Open to suggestions and criticism. This is my very first attempt at building with foam, or sintra.

I am pepping a Bo Katan helmet, but will not bore anyone with the paper fold and glue stage. And yes I will be modding it to match Sabine's helmet ;) if my attempt fails, I will definitely just be purchasing one.

I thought about it. Likely i will try to use the foam as a prototype for the sintra transition. Foam builds are not approved by the Mando Mercs, but am not 100% sure about the Rebel Legion, so sintra should solve that issue :).

my wife would love to troop with me and the 501st, so that is something I will have to take into consideration as well. But with the not so novice paint job this costume requires, ill at least have a prototype to work with :)

I was going to use sintra for mine but I couldn't find it at Lowe's or Home Depot... Let us know if you find it. I had a similar idea to pep the helmet from the Bo-Katan but I ended up just ordering one from The Mandalorian Arsenal because pepakura can be so frustrating. I haven't got the helmet yet but I will post some pics when I do in case you decide to go this route :) good luck!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back