Saberforge? yes or no?

Popeanator

I know the lots of people say the saberforge is a scammer, but I was just wondering if the facts where right? has anyone bought a saberforge Lightsaber?
If so did you get what you asked for?

I have admired his lightsabers for ages and really want one.
Any info would be great! :confused
His website.

CUSTOM LIGHTSABER - FX LIGHTSABER - LED LIGHTSABER - Welcome!!! - SABER FORGE

his youtube channel.

saberforge's Channel - YouTube.

This is another forum talking about there sabeforge experiences.

Rebel Legion :: View topic - Saber Forge - our History (a warning)

Last edited:
not sure about now, but i have bought a saber from him a long while ago, the dark lord relic design. I actually asked for it to be a custom job for me and sent his a concept pic i found of it, i got it as a double bladed one and it was exceptionally built and weathered, easy to take apart and change batteries and very good quality overall :) id check from someone who has bought recently

I've been quite disappointed so far with his service. I ordered one of the tor Gladius sabers about 6 weeks ago now. When I ordered I got no confirmation the order was received so emailed after a week to check confirmation/get an ETA. He emailed back and said it would ship "this week" (this was mid January).

Few weeks went by, ha heard nothing so I emailed again. No reply.

Few more weeks, still no reply.

So basically now here I am, 6 weeks after ordering, have no idea when my saber will be shipped or if it is even being made. I'm going to email him one more time and if I don't get a reply I'll have to take it up with PayPal. Really is a shame as its a beautiful looking saber, and I really want it, just seems he has no interest on actually reliably providing them to paying customers :(

I've been quite disappointed so far with his service. I ordered one of the tor Gladius sabers about 6 weeks ago now. When I ordered I got no confirmation the order was received so emailed after a week to check confirmation/get an ETA. He emailed back and said it would ship "this week" (this was mid January).

Few weeks went by, ha heard nothing so I emailed again. No reply.

Few more weeks, still no reply.

So basically now here I am, 6 weeks after ordering, have no idea when my saber will be shipped or if it is even being made. I'm going to email him one more time and if I don't get a reply I'll have to take it up with PayPal. Really is a shame as its a beautiful looking saber, and I really want it, just seems he has no interest on actually reliably providing them to paying customers :(

Did you Order it on His website or ebay?
That is what I was afraid of.
I think it you get one from his website he builds it then ships it.
But if you get off ebay he has one to got straight away.:confused

There are other more reputable saber hobbyists out there with very solid track records and stuff that looks as nice or even better. With all these electronic sabers there is always the risk that the parts may fail (either due to sloppy assembly or getting faulty components from the factory). You would want to commission someone who communicates very well with their customers because if something goes wrong, you're in a pickle if the guy doesn't respond for 6-7 weeks to even provide email assistance for you to DIY self-help.

...my 5 cents.

Last edited:
There are other more reputable saber hobbyists out there with very solid track records and stuff that looks as nice or even better. With all these electronic sabers there is always the risk that the parts may fail (either due to sloppy assembly or getting faulty components from the factory). You would want to commission someone who communicates very well with their customers because if something goes wrong, you're in a pickle if the guy doesn't respond for 6-7 weeks to even provide email assistance for you to DIY self-help.

...my 5 cents.
Very true. I just love his designs and the PRICE :D
I tried to get him to make me a custom saber a few years back
through ebay he just fobbed me off and stopped replying. :cry

Ive purchased two of his sabers off of Ebay. The first one shipped very quickly but the second took 6 weeks.
One of the blade tips broke off after some "fencing" and he sent me a new one at no charge.
I will most likely buy another one from him at some point.

I have not personally seen his work, but have been told by other saber enthusiasts that I trust that his workmanship is a tad shoddy at times (i.e. machining quality).
His sabers look good, but ultimately you have to realize that you get what you pay for.

I'll chime in here. I bought one of his redeemer hilts back in December just before Xmas. To be exact it was on the 17th. This was through Ebay. After the auction ended I had him add a sound card and kill key which I paid for immediately. On the 22nd I got a message that looked like it went out to more than one person stating that due to the holiday rush there would be a delay in shipping. Needless to say I didn't get my saber sent out until the day before xmas. This was no big deal since he did let me know, and it wasn't a present or anything. He also gave me a 25% discount on a future purchase for my trouble.

As for the saber? when I received it I charged it for several hours to get a full charge and noticed that when done it only lasted a matter of minutes before the battery died. I thought this was strange so I emailed him. He gave me a suggestion and I found that there was a bit of "play" in the connection between the charger and the port on the hilt. Basically I have to make sure the light stays lit on the charger when I plug it in and set it down gently so as not to lose the connection. Kind of annoying but not a big deal. Overall there are some small issues that I had but they were dealt with. Seems that from all the feedback I have seen, he seems to be hit and miss with communication. I have thought about buying that Gladius hilt as well. I guess I "gotta" use my discount. All in all, his work is good and prices are reasonable. He could sell and ship what's actually on hand as well and be consistent with communication.

Ok very interesting. So would anyone recomend him or is it just a get what you pay for situation. Thanks for the Info so far.:thumbsup

Well look you've had several people here say his service is less than A1 and his workmanship isn't always A1 either, you've also heard the same stories elsewhere.
You've personally been fobbed off and ignored by the guy in the past, and you're fully aware there are more reliable avenues to take, yet you're still looking for affirmation from someone to go place that order.

Frankly from where i sit unless someone is going to tell you he's a Neo Nazi, mass murdering rapist and he's stolen your pet pet dog i don't see anything that's ever going to convince you to do otherwise, so yes go ahead.

Ok well you have a point im leaning towards getting one I just want to know if this guy is likely to give me a shoddy product. Or not and I want peoples personal opinions on the matter. The main factor for me is price and I don't want to spend a bunch on some flashy saber. I would just like a basic saber with sound for a reasonable price. I don't want exact replicas of any specific character.

If you want it to last, I would pass. Mine was poorly constructed and the board died. The blades are not very good, the machining was mediocre and the electronics were taped together with no heat shrink. He was banned from several saber groups so you decide. Communication was very poor as were delays in getting resolution.

Ultrasabers are not as nicely designed, but at least more durable.

After saberforge, I went and got parts from The Custom saber shop and built 5 on my own with sound and they are way better and duelable.

If you want it to last, I would pass. Mine was poorly constructed and the board died. The blades are not very good, the machining was mediocre and the electronics were taped together with no heat shrink. He was banned from several saber groups so you decide. Communication was very poor as were delays in getting resolution.

Ultrasabers are not as nicely designed, but at least more durable.

After saberforge, I went and got parts from The Custom saber shop and built 5 on my own with sound and they are way better and duelable.

That sucks D: well There is this Australian seller on ebay called aus_custom_sabers
here
eBay My World - aus_custom_sabers

Im not sure if he is any good but at least the postage should be less for me.:)

FYI. Ordered the epoch. Had him add a d ring, took a week and a half to ship, not bad by any means. Saber itself is gorgeous. I got the Epoch, no sound board, runs on triple a. Solidly built, one minor complaint: I was whipping that saber around and managed to slice my finger open. In its design are two points that are fracking sharp. Mind you I do Kung fu and was twirling it fast. I'll take my dremil to it tomorrow. All in all positive experience.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back