Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

Are there pics? And will there be an option without the crackling?

Edit: This is in reference to the blade with the crackling effects on the decal. Can't copy the other quote.

Second this!

I'm not sure if we ever got confirmation, I know that had to come from Saber Trade themselves. I would also like to know if a plain (no lightning) decal option will be offered as well!

I sorta want the blade with rivets on the side, like on the prop

1656015911739.png

Whaddup! TST here.

Here answer some questions and tie some things up. I’m just going to address the first thing that will be immediate obvious.

No this blade isn’t 100% accurate to that of the screen used prop. Tbh that thing is a hulking mess.

My blades were originally designed short for Clone Wars and Rebels style and fitted for standard 1” sabers. They were 25.5” less than 3/8” thick, super light, super whippy, a joy to spin around.

When Mando came out it was obviously quite longer. However I found it a bit difficult to get consistent measurements so I made a bunch in a bunch of sizes and we picked what looked and felt the best without having any concrete measurements.

The final length of the blade is 28” from base to tip not including the tang. A few inches shy of blade used on the prop.

The blade stems are swappable and I obviously and going to need to appease the OCD gods and make a true accurate shape and sized blade. However I worry about the weight and usability of the final product. But for accuracies sake I should get some made, and if I do it will be after the run is 100% finished and I have time to regather projects.

If your feel destined to get one of these, drop me a DM, but please don’t pass up on getting the standard blade for the hilt in the mean time, its nice I promise ;)

Next the decals!

Yes I actually quite like the straight black as well. In fact in my personal blade I have one side solid black and lighting on the other side.

The lightning is actually a unique way of cutting and laminating vinyl. And the only design you’ve seen are my first successful pieces.

The method is perfected, the design could use some update and I’ll be adding some more swirls in there and get it as accurate as I can make it. So don’t make a decision yet until you see the final result. As such the lightning design will be standard and if you want solid black again, send me a DM, I’ll be happy to take care of you.

The decals are very durable, but of course any blades will get marked up with use. So the benefit here is you can self refurbish these blades and keep them looking fresh forever no matter what. I think I saw a comment here requesting rivets on theirs? That made me giggle but aight lol.

Another important note. Every blade will come standard with a single 12mm wide RGBW strip. These do not work with the standard settings from CFX or proffie but the changes needed are very simple and easy to figure out. Also, not all strips are made the same and so if any are a little tight when sliding up the blade, a simple trim of the strip will fix that.

Uhh I think that’s it for now. I’m waiting on the second molded blades to test since the last ones were a bit too fat. Let me know if you have any questions.

PS: shown here is a shorter PT but it’s pretty close.

Attachments

• F94C578C-9521-4FE0-93C1-E1F3D7BCF4AF.jpeg
    F94C578C-9521-4FE0-93C1-E1F3D7BCF4AF.jpeg
    873.5 KB · Views: 302
Whaddup! TST here.

Here answer some questions and tie some things up. I’m just going to address the first thing that will be immediate obvious.

No this blade isn’t 100% accurate to that of the screen used prop. Tbh that thing is a hulking mess.

My blades were originally designed short for Clone Wars and Rebels style and fitted for standard 1” sabers. They were 25.5” less than 3/8” thick, super light, super whippy, a joy to spin around.

When Mando came out it was obviously quite longer. However I found it a bit difficult to get consistent measurements so I made a bunch in a bunch of sizes and we picked what looked and felt the best without having any concrete measurements.

The final length of the blade is 28” from base to tip not including the tang. A few inches shy of blade used on the prop.

The blade stems are swappable and I obviously and going to need to appease the OCD gods and make a true accurate shape and sized blade. However I worry about the weight and usability of the final product. But for accuracies sake I should get some made, and if I do it will be after the run is 100% finished and I have time to regather projects.

If your feel destined to get one of these, drop me a DM, but please don’t pass up on getting the standard blade for the hilt in the mean time, its nice I promise ;)

Next the decals!

Yes I actually quite like the straight black as well. In fact in my personal blade I have one side solid black and lighting on the other side.

The lightning is actually a unique way of cutting and laminating vinyl. And the only design you’ve seen are my first successful pieces.

The method is perfected, the design could use some update and I’ll be adding some more swirls in there and get it as accurate as I can make it. So don’t make a decision yet until you see the final result. As such the lightning design will be standard and if you want solid black again, send me a DM, I’ll be happy to take care of you.

The decals are very durable, but of course any blades will get marked up with use. So the benefit here is you can self refurbish these blades and keep them looking fresh forever no matter what. I think I saw a comment here requesting rivets on theirs? That made me giggle but aight lol.

Another important note. Every blade will come standard with a single 12mm wide RGBW strip. These do not work with the standard settings from CFX or proffie but the changes needed are very simple and easy to figure out. Also, not all strips are made the same and so if any are a little tight when sliding up the blade, a simple trim of the strip will fix that.

Uhh I think that’s it for now. I’m waiting on the second molded blades to test since the last ones were a bit too fat. Let me know if you have any questions.

PS: shown here is a shorter PT but it’s pretty close.
Everything looks great to me and look forward to seeing this run complete

Any updates?
Funny! I was just posting this when you asked
The shop used the wrong masking jig file for the masking after the anodizing.
Thankfully they showed me the results first before doing to all of them
The finish is good but I think it can be a bit better
What you see should be improved with the jig that is on their way to them.
It’s still pretty darn good for what it is and I’m so digging the texture that the isolated sand blasting brings !

Attachments

• 2E8E4E45-056A-4B69-9EE2-7B127CCE7227.jpeg
    2E8E4E45-056A-4B69-9EE2-7B127CCE7227.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 015055E6-F076-4C97-9608-61D821BCA77E.jpeg
    015055E6-F076-4C97-9608-61D821BCA77E.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 241
It’s still pretty darn good for what it is and I’m so digging the texture that the isolated sand blasting brings !

View attachment 1595165
This texture looks amazing!

I appreciate the updates on things! With regards to that what kind of timing updates do you have? I imagine some of the things you've described will take some time to fix? Just curious on if you had a rough anticipated shipping date

I appreciate the updates on things! With regards to that what kind of timing updates do you have? I imagine some of the things you've described will take some time to fix? Just curious on if you had a rough anticipated shipping date
Shop claims everything is ready except the main grip. They are waiting for the masking covers to sent for the san blasting process to get the two toned. I should have a better timeline update at the end of the week. Also waiting on TheSaberTrade to finalize the new blade stem to approved the rest of them come out the injection mold. Sabertrade was just waiting to move into their new workspace but hit some logistcal snags. Will keep you posted on that!

View attachment 1595165

View attachment 1595165

Are the black areas going to be glossy black ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back