Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

thank you so much for your patience everyone!
This is taking months longer than we expected and wanted it to.
We are not rushing this though and want to make sure we make as accurate and functional a version as we can.
2 prototypes are done and are shipping today we are told by shop.
Which usually mean shipping in next couple of days.

We are making a few changes to the run for simplicity and also to reward those who got in and who are waiting.
We will no longer offer this without the install kit.
As mentioned before Install kits includes the pcbs for the switches and for blade connectivity as well as a printed chassis designed by Shtokcustomworx( which will
Be compatible with metal printed parts you can add to it ordering from shapeways).
This is because for quantity sake we are making as many of those install parts as we are making hilts.
So even if you selected not to have them you will have them in your kit.
To show our gratitude for everyone who has got on this early we are adjusted the invoices and you will no longer see a charger for the install kit.
That is 35$ removed for that line item.
Also there are around 140 units reserved with around 5 more that need to be invoiced.
So we are around 50 units away from reach a price break.
With removing the install kit prices from the final cost the price break is changing.
If we reach 200 units reserved it will changed to 380$
We are also working with Devin from the saber trade to bring the cost down on his blade design that is going hand and hand with this run.
Also, with these prototypes we will be dipping the main grip two toned part on the right in the photo to see if we can darken the aluminum to the shade we desire, and to see if we can we could offer that as a service as we really think pcb etching solution can bring about the texture and color we are aiming for.

Regarding time line, we will have one for you as soon as we approve these prototypes which are in route this week.
We apologize for the delays and we Thank you all so much

Expect the adjustments in the invoice to Happen this week regarding the install kits and if you are due refunds because you accidentally paid in full we will be processing those as well.

if you have an questions or concerns please email me justin@saberbay.com

Attachments

• A277A911-B1C5-4C88-9B28-4F13246BC956.jpeg
    A277A911-B1C5-4C88-9B28-4F13246BC956.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 358
I just checked my invoice where I originally paid the 200 dollars to reserve with the install kit and it's still showing a $35.00 charge for the install kit.

I am still updating the invoices and the spreadsheet I am using to keep track of all the info

Should have them all done by end of the week
There is no bulk update button so it takes awhile. =/

all new invoices request have been met, still working on updating the prices on ones already sent out from $435 to $400
thank you all for your patience!

I got my new invoice. just a question I already sent my deposit in and was confirmed on the old invoice. I had a balance of $235 to be paid. But the new invoice says now i owe $400 Shouldn't the new invoice be $200? I just want to make sure there isn't a mistake somewhere.

I got my new invoice. just a question I already sent my deposit in and was confirmed on the old invoice. I had a balance of $235 to be paid. But the new invoice says now i owe $400 Shouldn't the new invoice be $200? I just want to make sure there isn't a mistake somewhere.
Thank you for the generous add! Unfortunately, I had this same problem, sent SaberBay an email.

Thank you for the generous add! Unfortunately, I had this same problem, sent SaberBay an email.
There is an issue with PayPal. Lowering the price removed the recording of the partial payments made.
I will have to go in for each invoice and record the payments manually.
Please ignore invoice amounts for now and do not pay unless you know for sure you never paid the reserve which was only like 3-4 ppl.

Well for what it's worth, these rubber grip tape options look interesting:

Last edited:
Sure do.
We found only a few things to improve on.

Notes we are sending to shop for production.
•some spots the finishing should be improved on the main handle and a mark we found on the tsuba
•we are reintroducing the 4 screws total, 2 on each side on the blade holder for stability in holding the blade(the screen used one clearly has it)
•the matte finishing for the vent covers on the blade holder did not allow enough light to pass thru so we are changing it over to clear resin
•we are making the grooves deeper to make the raised grips higher

We will keep you all posted on a timeline

thank you
VIDEO —-> Ds proto 2 vid

Sure do.

•some spots the finishing should be improved on the main handle and a mark we found on the tsuba
•we are reintroducing the 4 screws total, 2 on each side on the blade holder for stability in holding the blade(the screen used one clearly has it)
•the matte finishing for the vent covers on the blade holder did not allow enough light to pass thru so we are changing it over to clear resin

thank you
VIDEO —-> Ds proto 2 vid

How’s the sound venting expectations? Looks like maybe just a tad more opening would be good ? It looks amazing though, also will the raised areas be darker when it’s finished ?

Well for what it's worth, these rubber grip tape options look interesting:
we looked into these but the cost of laser cutting them and application would be too much

How’s the sound venting expectations? Looks like maybe just a tad more opening would be good ? It looks amazing though, also will the raised areas be darker when it’s finished ?
still looking into to best method to dark top surface as either diy for end user or something we can have done befor delivery, will post the results when we have them to maybe let those on the run voice their choice

Sure do.

thank you
VIDEO —-> Ds proto 2 vid
It looks so slim! I love it. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back