Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

I ordered the Force FX version to tide me over until this comes to fruition. What a joke omg.
Boxed it right back up and returned the next morning.
I mean, the heft was good, the finish on the grip was actually good, and the stand was cool. But proportions and overall look were just so not....right. Don't get me started on the sound and light features.
You are so right! I remember being so excited for the FX version, but that was before I found out about proffie and custom sabers in general lol. So grateful to have companies like SaberBay to pump out awesome replicas, like this Dark Saber.

We got a bad update from the shop regarding the 2 tone finishing
Good news They have fixed up the machine tooling marks by reducing tooling chatter (movement in the machining bits and fixture that keeps the part in place that causes marks and inconsistency)
They seem to be having an issue doing the second color process.
This could be due to a couple of things, but for the time being we as that they may one in all black and one where they removed just the top surface to be bare ALU ( which is what they are doing before, but then they would take it back to the anodizers to add dark grey anodizing treatment for the exposed alu parts)

We are not given up on the two tone of black for the body and dark grey for the grips
Khal from Kr Sabers/The Saber Armory is having one of his rapid prototyping shops in the Uk see if they could demonstrate the process to get the 2 tone to show to our over seas shop it's possible.

If it can't be done, or it adds significant cost to be done right then we will pill and ask everyone what they prefer at that point.
all black, or black and top surface of grips be bare ALU.
The top.grip sbare ALU would probably be the easiest to finish with closer to screen accurate two tone after the fact to get a dark/grey color with aluminic black or etching acid bath, which should not effect the black anodizing.
We would test that first of course before recommending it

If we were not going for the ambitious two tone for the main grip we would much closer to completion so we thank you all for your patience in letting us try to get it right

Attachments

• 0FAD3F75-E5EB-4762-B731-97FB5C441CA7.jpeg
    0FAD3F75-E5EB-4762-B731-97FB5C441CA7.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 266

What's the difference, in your opinion, between these two runs? I've already committed to yours, just curious how you're differing in your approach!

What's the difference, in your opinion, between these two runs? I've already committed to yours, just curious how you're differing in your approach!

theres that and theres also the korbanth one now too, i personally would hold out for the most accurate looking instead of the first out the door.

Last edited:

This one is a simpler assembly(Less parts) likely making install easier it seems and looks to be 15% -20 % Over sized compared to the on screen model. So in other words, it looks great, but for those more picky it is not as accurate as they would like

Phoenix Props is also planning one. I’m also already in for this one, but does anyone have ideas for which will be most prop accurate?
Last I heard the PP version is dead unfortunately. They posted on May 4 that they weren't able to release the design as planned. I then heard through the grapevine that it was basically dead. Would be glad to be proven wrong though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back