Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

We expect to open up reserve/pre-orders within this week.

And we can confirm that we are able to keep this hilt under 400$

Yes it is more expensive than other offering you see here on the RPF for this model but has twice as many parts(23+ parts to be exact) on top of the design we are doing to make sure an install of electronics could be done easily on this kit.

Even if you are not going to install sound, you can easily make this have an illuminated plug that will also illuminate the emitter windows(photo sensitive resin inserts in the blade emitter windows to be exact!)
This kit will be very ready for whatever you want to do with it.
The kits will include all the hilts parts the blade adapter(emitter piece that accepts blades and adds stability), the decorative blade plug(will be able to illuminate it) custom switch and blade connectors pcb's for the switch and both pommels
The blade kits will be offered separately from Devin at The saber trade and will cost between 200-350$ depending on if you get DIY or Ready to use.

The deposits for the run will be 200$

In case you have not seen any of the updates via the email list here is a video guabe did of the design 3d-printed in resin.

with some pictures to follow:
ds1.jpgds2.jpgds3.jpgds4.jpgds5.jpgds6.jpgds7.jpgds8.jpgds9.jpgds10.jpgds11.jpg
the 2 pommels
The vented one will accept a d-ring that will be included with the kit!
The static pommel has the two decorative rivets
pommel2.jpg Vented pommel for sound

pommel1.jpgStatic pommel with decorative rivets

Last edited:
Just got the notice about reserving-- one question. Given that the price is based on how many reserved orders there are that effects my decision on whether or not to get the install kit and blade. If it ends up being $400, I may have to hold off on the electronica for a minute. Question is-- will the install kit and blades be available after the run? (I understand that's a question for Devin re: the blade).

Looks amazing, and either way I am amped to have it!

Just got the notice about reserving-- one question. Given that the price is based on how many reserved orders there are that effects my decision on whether or not to get the install kit and blade. If it ends up being $400, I may have to hold off on the electronica for a minute. Question is-- will the install kit and blades be available after the run? (I understand that's a question for Devin re: the blade).

Looks amazing, and either way I am amped to have it!
I'm in the same boat. Guess the only thing to do is keep an eye over the next few days/weeks and see where the numbers are at? Will there be an update email about how fast they are filling up as well?

Problem is, if we all wait for that, there will be no reserves. I'm perfectly happy to give money now, I just don't know about committing to the blade and install kit.

I'm in the same boat. Guess the only thing to do is keep an eye over the next few days/weeks and see where the numbers are at? Will there be an update email about how fast they are filling up as well?
Get yours reserved is my recommendation. This is not a commitment for those extras I believe. They are just gauging interest if I’m not mistaken. Saberbay is also super helpful.

Problem is, if we all wait for that, there will be no reserves. I'm perfectly happy to give money now, I just don't know about committing to the blade and install kit.
The install kit you can add thru us.
The blade will be something offered separately thru The Saber Trade.
The only commitment is 400$ plus shipping
200$ now.
The rest later when it’s ready to ship from us to you.

the install kits is a recommended if you plan on adding electronics. You do not have to commit to it now. If don’t request one now there may not be one available at that lower price and you would have to order the chassis from shapeways and the pcbs from us www.etsy.com/shop/saberbay
You will save around 20-35$ Requesting the install kit now and you don’t have to pay for it now, just when the rest is due.
The parts will be available separately to order from shapeways and we will have a small amount of the spare pcb parts but shapeways charges a lot more for singular chassis than the bulk order price we will get.
Hope that makes sense?
In other words The cost of that chassis alone from shapeways will cost the same or more than the whole kit.
Meaning you save money adding the install kits to your order

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, would there ever be an .stl file for the chassis made available for those who are comfortable printing on their own as opposed to Shapeways?

Out of curiosity, would there ever be an .stl file for the chassis made available for those who are comfortable printing on their own as opposed to Shapeways?
the chassis wont be designed for fdm printers. Its designed for sls like shapeways and other companies use. Shtokcustomworx does not offer PIY files unfortunately. In our industry we have had a lot design theft as of late and our friends the saber armory even stopped offering paid PIY atm.

for this quality of replica you are gunna want a nice looking chassis than what home printers could offer IMHO

the chassis wont be designed for fdm printers. Its designed for sls like shapeways and other companies use. Shtokcustomworx does not offer PIY files unfortunately. In our industry we have had a lot design theft as of late and our friends the saber armory even stopped offering paid PIY atm.

for this quality of replica you are gunna want a nice looking chassis than what home printers could offer IMHO
1000% understood of course. I would do resin, but yeah. Got it, thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back