S.Hayes AVPR Hybrid buildup by Bobby Sutton

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BENSIN

Folks, you've seen some pics posted up by the man himself recently, but I just got the kit back in the mail and I just wanted to toss in a few pics and a quick review.

BUILD UP / PAINT WORK

So, to start off, he painted the Hybrid up with his usual master's touch. Well, she looks larger than life, what can I say? The kit looks phenomenal - I particularly love the glossy/slimy effect that he put on various parts of the Hybrid. It looks soooo good under a light, the most potent area in terms of effect being the dome/face.

The way the overhead light makes the dome look is crazy cool, the cold, emotionless skull looking back at you through the translucent, slightly tinted dome that Bobby did up - she looks really menacing, also credit to the pose that S. Hayes put her in.

Bobby also gave the kit some very necessary additions to complete the work and top it off just right. You will see in the pictures, he custom made and added the clear ligaments on the alien mouth, (not the Predator Mandibles, look past them and you'll see what I'm talking about.) hopefully they're clear enough in the pics I took. The mouth/face is my favorite part of the kit, it's just LOADED with paint detail, and the sculpt looks so bad ass. Don't know how else to say it, I just want to sit there and stare at it all day.

Let's talk about the base really quick, I'm really glad that S. Hayes gave us a base on this one, I'm a fan of bases for my garage kits in general, but that said I'll stay on track. So, we have the head of a deceased Predator, and the poor bastard has half his face ripped off. Sculpted with some nice detail, and brought to life with some well done paint work.

So, he painted the dead head a pale sort of blue, and what's really cool that I can't faithfully capture in pictures is that he filled in both eyes...but one eye on the gored side of the face has some blood in it, and the blood is actually semi-see through so you can see the detail he put into that eye too! I just thought that was cool and wanted to share that.

As far as the build goes, it's solid, I got her back all in one piece, literally! No assembly required, I never mind doing some light assembly, but just wanted to note that. There is no need to go into detail regarding the color mixing, tone blending and the paint work...Bobby ALWAYS comes correct with his work and quite frankly he has outdone himself this time.

SCULPT

Well, it's by S. Hayes, so there's not much to say here. S. Hayes is my favorite sculptor and it's obvious why. As we all know, Predators > Aliens, so ahem, with that said, I still had to get this piece because Hayes totally nailed it right on the nose. Right on the head. The shoe fit and he wore it. ...I can't think of any other corny phrases, so +A sculpt, definitely recommend you pick it up.

NOTES

Return shipping was awesome, I will admit I was very worried about the dreads breaking during shipping but everything was protected very well. Not a scratch. Phew! What a relief! OH and just in case there's any confusion, the Predator head is actually just a prop...that's right, because in 'REAL LIFE' haha, any Predator would beat up any Alien, any time, any where.........any day of the week! :)

I took pics in different lighting, trying to get the best pic. Maybe if I can snag some extra loot I will pick up a new camera AND A TRIPOD, and some supplies to get myself a worthy photo studio set up, OH yea, and a bigger, more proper display case. :) Anyway...some pics have more emphasis on capturing the details, some on the paint, some both. Well, that's that folks, I'll shut up now, enjoy the pics. Enjoy!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.