S. Hayes 1/6 Anytime Bust, Wip

Justin1

Here's a piece I'm currently working on for a fellow lair member. He's been a saint so far as far as being patient goes, so kudos to him for that! Had a lot of nonsense going on that's been keeping me from being as productive as I'd like to be.

I included some shots of the sides of the head so you get an idea of how many quills I'm hoping to add to the piece. Getting it "screen accurate" has been a bit of a pain, as well. I'd like to send out special thanks to John Hircock for his fantastic write-up on his build of the Encounter. It's given me more than a few great tips on how to go about this piece, and anyone interested in painting up a P1 would do well to check it out! So, thanks, John!

Anyways, here ye be.

2011-09-13 11.34.09.jpg

2011-09-13 11.33.12.jpg

2011-09-13 11.33.31.jpg

2011-09-13 11.34.57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update to this piece!

It's giving me FITS!

It's so frustrating to try and recreate something accurately... I've got a whole new respect for dudes like Joe, John, Saul... anyone who can paint up and build a kit of a known character, and achieve a look that accurate to that particular character. It's a lot harder than I initially thought it would be!

Here's just a couple quick shots I took of stuff I've been working on recently since I've been able to find time to work on models at all! Hope you like it so far, Bensin! I'll let you know how things are going as I continue work on it.

2012-01-16 14.40.40.jpg

2012-01-16 14.40.50.jpg

2012-01-16 14.41.08.jpg

2012-01-16 14.41.45.jpg

Dude, this looks AMAZING so far, all the little scratches and scrapes in the mask's paint are WOWing me right now. Anytime/P1 is looking SWEET, looking forward to how it will turn out. (y) Can't wait to see him once you slap some color on him, awesome, awesome!

looks great so far
Alclad finish always looks amazing!
certainly who produces this bust??

RIK, this one is sculpted by S. Hayes and the producer I believe is Monsterz.net - if you want one of these, PM me and I'll get you my buddy Mark's contact information, I think he may have a couple in stock.

Just another quick update for you guys! Think the base is DONE! Added more moss and highlighted the name, so that means the ONLY thing I have to do is clearcoat it (maybe) and probably add color to the name in the name-plate... Seriously, I cannot believe how amazing that Alclad chrome is. It's still incredible reflective, even with all the weathereing and shading on there. Just worried about clearcoating it and killing that shine off... anyone have any suggestions?

2012-01-20 22.08.32.jpg

2012-01-20 22.09.07.jpg

Ya know what they say: better late than never!

It's taken a LOT longer than I was expecting it to, but it's nearing the very end of the road! After finding out I had developed asthma and seasonal allergies from having mold toxicity in my system from working in the studio (which is in the basement), I finally got it squared away and... well... Nevermind, I guess, lol Just always seems like there's some sort of ******** going on to keep things from going smoothly.

There's very little left to do, just some more weathering on the armor, drilling holes for the airhoses, doing the bit of netting that's not done and some minor detailing and finishing touches here and there, but the piece is basically done, minus the quills... which will take a fair amount of time, but not too long... *fingers crossed*

Hope you dig it, Bensin! I'll post the finished piece when it's... well, finished, and if you've got any concerns, just shoot me a PM.

Any other comments, questions, or criticisms are welcome, as usual.

2012-04-08 16.01.33.jpg

2012-04-08 16.03.43.jpg

2012-04-08 16.03.58.jpg

2012-04-09 16.54.32.jpg

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/speechless

speech·less

adjective

temporarily deprived of speech by strong emotion, physical weakness, exhaustion, etc.: speechless with alarm.
characterized by absence or loss of speech: speechless joy.
lacking the faculty of speech; dumb.
not expressed in speech or words: speechless compliments.
refraining from speech.

-

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Sorry Reyals…………… mistake………… i will contact Bensin!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back