S 17 4th doctor costume.....so far

Mr.Spider

Sr Member
Well , awhile ago I decided I had to have my own doctor costume, given that Tom Baker was my first doctor.. ( and you never forget your first doctor )
I based my costume off his appearance in " CIty of Death " one of my favorite episodes of the series .

Obviously the Baker is common known for his scarf, and by this season the scarf had grown to over 19 ft long, no easy task for any knitter, I had long before aquired a 19 ft scarf, but it was machine knit and not the right color, still an amazing piece of clothing though, luckily it was a few weeks ago I was given the pleasure of receiving a hand knitted scarf by our very own Hogosha.

the scarf I received is an amazing piece of work and anyone who needs a scarf would do wonders to contact Hogosha.

Alright..almost to pictures I promise, but before I do I want to give a special thanks to Indy Magnoli who did an amazing job on replicating Bakers frock coat from said earlier episode, it is truly an amazing coat and fits like a glove.

Here is the coat as I recevied it..........

baker.jpg

baker2.jpg

an amazing recreation given the original as seen here............

000jpg.jpg

Oddly enough the Doctor does seem to wear a vest in this version, though hidden by his coat, i did eventually manage to find a picture of it, obviously a hard to replicate houndstooth pattern, so instead I made do with what I could find.

eaa6d2fb.jpg

Luckily while out I managed to find a nice satin black and white vest that I dyed a golden yellow, ..... while I was on a time crunch for a particular convention I do need to go back and add bolder black stripes and thin red stripes, but this did for now.

08e16463.jpg

the rest of the costume was simply a pair of grey slacks, brown shoes and a white button shirt.

i do eventually wish to get this as SA as possible, but for the time being I think the ensemble looks amazing, and I hope to have some much better shots for you soon, for now though, enjoy : )

b48d1380.jpg

57bb9491.jpg

0b33cfe0.jpg

I will update the thread as i get new pics and newer pieces till it is complete.

Thanks for your time

WOW! That's a big scarf! LOL! Thank you for the kind words! Madam Nostradamus also sends her best!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back