Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s the waxed gray/green referenced here.

The coat always read to me dry on film, not the wet look from the finish like it does on display. Though I might go through and add more wax myself, I’ve been waxing quite a bit of canvas and jackets this past year for various projects and I like the finish my recipe has currently and it’s not too difficult to adjust. I’m in no hurry to mess with the jacket now though since it’s blistering heat most of the time here in Phoenix.

How does it feel? There was some mention of that fabric being rather stiff...

Neither of the "waxed" versions are a true wax coating. The twill is almost like it's infused with plastic (not in a bad way, I think it makes an excellent coat material). The gray/green waxed coat is more like a real wax. I'm not sure if it's real wax or not. The cloth is very stiff, and it tends to hold folds and creases strongly. I'll be doing some tests to see if it can be softened in any way.

Still looking forward to seeing the "official" product photos showing both of the new materials! Based on the pics we've seen so far, I can't make up my mind yet!!

Shahrooz

I apologise in advance to the forum users to have to bring this here again but we have been threatened by Shahrooz that he will bring this to the forum. We were keeping this away from here but after this last email we thought it best. I am sure Shahrooz will reply with more complaints, but I will keep everything into this one post in my attempt to not derail this thread further.

As of today, there are 150 emails going back and forward. Shahrooz ordered a Blade Runner and complained it was inaccurate which is fair in design, but I should mention he ordered it inaccurately without the lettering on the back.

He then ordered the alternative Blade Runner, the 2049. He was told by SeAnn it would fit differently than the Blade Runner but insists she told him it was the same. She only mentioned the lining was the same. He complained it did not fit along with other complaints. When we received the return, we again measured all areas of the coat and it was correct, but we saw how unhappy he was with everything so we gave him a £66 refund on his shipping. We have since sold this coat to another customer.

After Shahrooz lengthy complaints, we were surprised to see he wanted another coat. We also sent the new coat at our expense. Once received, he complained again saying this one was again too small. As with the first order, we asked him to return it and will measure it again and will refund his shipping if it is incorrect.

He sent many emails after this, his latest has threatened to take the money back on his credit card (which will mean he will have his money and the coat) and to come here and retract all his comments about Soul Revolver and tell members how unreasonable and unaccommodating we are to our customers.

While researching the Blade Runner, I have noticed Shahrooz commented for the other vendors to find my cotton. I find this very disrespectful to the other vendors working hard to make a quality coat to make him happy only to be told their materials are not good enough.
My cotton is special ordered in this colour, we then go through four stages at our laboratory so it not possible to replicate exactly. I think the other coats here are very nice with great accuracy. Looking at them, I would say 99% of people would be very happy with any one of them. There are other great options here.

Regarding Shahrooz - after 150 emails, it is time for you to please stop emailing SeAnn now. She has been very patient with you, answered everything you have sent. It is very unfair of you to call her unaccommodating and unreasonable along with the insults and the many untrue comments in your emails. You have been sent two correct coats, refunded £66 for return shipping and free shipping back out to you for the new one just to make you happy but it clear your expectations are beyond what we can offer you. Please return the coat, even though it is well outside the return window by a couple of weeks now, and we will refund you and that will be the end of it.

It is sad that the only bad experiences we have had with our Blade Runner coats comes from here. After these experiences, I will not be returning to the forum. If anyone needs help with an order or questions regarding the new Blade Runner/2049, please email us.

Thank you to everyone else. Good luck with your coats.

Kall
This is so sad. First, to attempt to discredit a member of this forum, pre-emptively I might add, by airing private grievances in public. A bit of a privacy violation, I might add, even if your claims were true. Unfortunately, they are not. This is a rather bizarre attempt to spin the truth and disappointing to see that people just hit 'like' without first hearing both sides. Most of this is completely false. I don't have the time or inclination to comment on all your distortions and inaccuracies here. Suffice it to say that your claim that SeAnn had told me that this alternative coat fits differently than the long Blade Runner coat. That's simply not the truth.

I have emails from here saying the opposite. in writing. numerous times. I'm happy to share pictures of the email correspondence. Pretty ballsy on your part to come here and lie about it and then, like a six year old child who knows he/she has done wrong, you "threaten" to leave the forum. The first coat arrived and it did not at all fit like the long Blade Runner coat, despite her claims to the contrary. It was the same size as my long BR coat, Large, but this large felt like a medium in comparison to my large BR coat from you and I could barely put it on. It was so tight and it measured 2 inches tighter around the chest. I sent you all the pictures as well. You then "graciously" agreed to refund my shipping fee IF your team agreed that it was too tight. I had to pay 80 dollars out of pocket to get it back to the UK. Once I did, and you refunded the money, you automatically started producing a replacement coat. I never asked for it and never requested that a replacement be made.

Again, all this is documented by email. And here you claim I requested another coat. You hadn't even refunded my money, you just made another coat. All you had done at that time was to refund my shipping cost., You are just being dishonest.

Once the second coat arrived, it too proved way too tight and small. I contacted SeAnn and requested this time that no other coat be made and that I simply be refunded as I didn't want this alternate BR coat anymore. She told me I had to return it and it needed to be inspected again prior to issuing a refund and possibly refunding the shipping fee. I told her that I am not taking that kind of risk. At minimum, send me a return label or pay in advance for the shipping and I'll gladly return the jacket. SeAnn refused and then I never heard from you again.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - I haven't contacted anyone at your shop in weeks. Also, contrary to assertion that I'd tell people in the forum how unreasonable and inaccurate your service is, I never did come to the forum to inform everyone (though I probably should have). You did. In a sad attempt of historic revisionism, you are now trying to discredit my prior compliments to your coat on here (on of the few people who defended you when many others, rightly so it turns out, complained about SR). Funny thing is that I have all this in email and can share pictures of the conversations including where SeAnn said, several times in several emails, that the alternate coat fits just like my original BR coat. And that my replacement coat is being made without me requesting or demanding one, contrary to his unfounded claims here.

Last edited:

jholko

This is so sad. First, to attempt to discredit a member of this forum, pre-emptively I might add, by airing private grievances in public. A bit of a privacy violation, I might add, even if your claims were true. Unfortunately, they are not. This is a rather bizarre attempt to spin the truth and disappointing to see that people just hit 'like' without first hearing both sides. Most of this is completely false. I don't have the time or inclination to comment on all your distortions and inaccuracies here. Suffice it to say that your claim that SeAnn had told me that this alternative coat fits differently than the long Blade Runner coat. That's simply not the truth.

I have emails from here saying the opposite. in writing. numerous times. I'm happy to share pictures of the email correspondence. Pretty ballsy on your part to come here and lie about it and then, like a six year old child who knows he/she has done wrong, you "threaten" to leave the forum. The first coat arrived and it did not at all fit like the long Blade Runner coat, despite her claims to the contrary. It was the same size as my long BR coat, Large, but this large felt like a medium in comparison to my large BR coat from you and I could barely put it on. It was so tight and it measured 2 inches tighter around the chest. I sent you all the pictures as well. You then "graciously" agreed to refund my shipping fee IF your team agreed that it was too tight. I had to pay 80 dollars out of pocket to get it back to the UK. Once I did, and you refunded the money, you automatically started producing a replacement coat. I never asked for it and never requested that a replacement be made.

Again, all this is documented by email. And here you claim I requested another coat. You hadn't even refunded my money, you just made another coat. All you had done at that time was to refund my shipping cost., You are just being dishonest.

Once the second coat arrived, it too proved way too tight and small. I contacted SeAnn and requested this time that no other coat be made and that I simply be refunded as I didn't want this alternate BR coat anymore. She told me I had to return it and it needed to be inspected again prior to issuing a refund and possibly refunding the shipping fee. I told her that I am not taking that kind of risk. At minimum, send me a return label or pay in advance for the shipping and I'll gladly return the jacket. SeAnn refused and then I never heard from you again.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - I haven't contacted anyone at your shop in weeks. Also, contrary to assertion that I'd tell people in the forum how unreasonable and inaccurate your service is, I never did come to the forum to inform everyone (though I probably should have). You did. In a sad attempt of historic revisionism, you are now trying to discredit my prior compliments to your coat on here (on of the few people who defended you when many others, rightly so it turns out, complained about SR). Funny thing is that I have all this in email and can share pictures of the conversations including where SeAnn said, several times in several emails, that the alternate coat fits just like my original BR coat. And that my replacement coat is being made without me requesting or demanding one, contrary to his unfounded claims here.
Both sides have had a say now.. can you guys please take this offline for further correspondence - the world doesn't need to read about these squabbles further.

Lets get back to the coat :)

The Sweatshop

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
How does it feel? There was some mention of that fabric being rather stiff...
It's not particularly stiff, but definitely not soft. I'd describe Jameel Ur Deckard Coat as soft, but 2049 is canvas, which isn't usually soft out of the gate and with the light waxing it has just makes it feel more sturdy. As I said, I'm thinking about waxing it myself a bit more, later, and I'm not worried about it getting too stiff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.