Russian pp-90 machine gun

Reef

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHello there I've been on holiday this week so started to make something unusual the Russian PP-90 sub machine gun,
It was made in the early 80s and I think it's a copy of an ares f m g (folding machine gun) but don't quote me on this I'm not a weapon expert,there's not many pics on google just about 10 which makes it hard to figure out the size and internal folding mech .
if anyone has held or fired one or has pics of the internals this would be great.many thanks reef.

Last edited:
I did some more work on this build,the flip up sights and the cocking handle/ bolt but man it's hard when you have nothing to work with.
just the magazine and fire selector to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This gun was made for the KGB to slide inside there trench coats image.jpgimage.jpgthis is the real weapon and was made before the magpul fmg 9.not many pictures of the real gun so it's hard to work from but I like a challenge cheers reef

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi I've added the magazine (with fake round) and it all folds inside,now I have to find a way to make a release catch for the magazine any ideas? Thanks for looking reef.

Thanks for the link that little animation is cool,the whole thing is made from styrene and leftover plastic I had lying around,and the main hinge ia a bolt from a scooter wheel it fits perfectly.
i used small aluminium rivets the make it all hinge and fold ,just a few bits to sort out and then strip it for paint ,

I saw this on youtube and had to think about this post.
Here's the link, hope you have some use for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back