Russell Tovey - George [Being Human U.K]

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by lildragn, Apr 19, 2012.

1. lildragn

lildragn New Member

Hi all, first post to this awesome forum! Just had to sign up after reading some threads and how active it is here.

I'm relatively new to sculpting with clay (just over a month now) and after digitally sculpting characters for years I really had no drive to do my own personal works in my free time. I've always wanted to sculpt traditionally but never did it until a recent flood of inspiration.

This is my 2nd attempt at a portrait so far and loving this medium a lot.

Sculpey firm and about 1/4 scale

Working on my next exercise now. Any feedback would be awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

It's definitely a likeness. You need to work on symmetry and proportion a little. A far better start than I could conceivably manage though, so well done and keep at it.

Also, welcome to the board; don't be alarmed if you find this thread disappearing from here - we have a brand new sculpting subforum and the mods are likely to shift this to there.

3. lildragn

lildragn New Member

Thx for the comments Nwerke! It's funny you say that, because coming from CG it's the one thing we fight regularly (symmetry) were as in traditional sculpting it happens naturally :).

Also checked and didn't see the subforum, but the thread is still here, so it's cool.

Thanks for looking.

~t