Rush Build: Vol 2 Star Lord for Halloween Build Log

HeroOfThePeople

After a major setback in my personal life (The adoption agency my wife and I have been working with for three years has dropped us as prospective parents and updated our homestudy as unfavorable, which will follow us if we try to work with another agency in response to someone, we don't know who, telling the agency something, we don't know what, that has made the agency decide we're unfit to parent. We're out three years of work and waiting and $20,000) I need a project to distract myself as I work through my anger and grief. Fortunately Halloween is right around the corner and I've been contemplating a Star Lord costume since pretty much 2014. This thread will be my build log for the project.

The timeline is extremely tight, fortunately I'm relatively well equipped and skilled, with a shop and 3d printer to help with most of the work.

Components and plan for each
Helmet - 3d Print from this STL Star Lord by youngs66, assemble, sand, body filler, sand, filler, sand filler primer, sand, paint. Electronics to illuminate the eyes
Shirt - Buy this one that has the more movie accurate chest seam: Amazon.com: Wecos Halloween Costume Adult Cosplay Coat Jacket Pants T-Shirt: Gateway
TPS-L2 Walkman - 3d print, add electronics to conceal small cheap MP3 player, small speaker and make the headphone jacks functional.
Pendants - Star Lord wears two pendants in vol 2. 3d Print, fill sand, paint, hang on cords
Jacket - Sew from this pattern https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/mood-cosplay-free-gotg2-star-lord-jacket-pattern/ using a burgundy upholstery leather I got for free from an interior design firm's remnants swap and saved for just this purpose, color the darker parts with Angelus leather paints.
Blaster - 3d Print
Boot covers - Design and sew
Boot jets - 3d print
Lapel pin - 3d print
Pants - TBD

I'm rushing to get this up while I take a break at work and sip my coffee. More elaborate post with WIP pictures of the pieces I've started will go up late tonight or tomorrow.

I am so sorry about your personal circumstances! I will pray that you come to a solution that works well for you. I hope this project comes out well and would love to see some photos. My little brother is considering a Star-Lord costume and as the resident prop-nut, he needs my help, so I am anxious to see how this turns out.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back