Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

Boba Debt

Master Member
7/16 Update

I have enough info to post a good update so here it is.

DENIX MAUSERS – I
ordered all of the Denix Mausers for this project and so far I have received 38 of them. I still have 26 on back order and I don’t expect them to ship until the middle of August. This isn’t a problem because the Mausers will be the last thing that get’s machined

MACHINED PARTS – I ordered all of the flash hiders, scope bracket disks and scope bracket spacers. I can not order the scope bracket until we know the hole spacing for the brass scopes. once we confirm that we can get 2” hole spacing I will order the scope brackets.

The shop had 2 solid brass scope from the current run and they also have my real scope and an machined brass scope from my original run in 2004. In the next couple weeks they are going to figure out the most cost effective way to do the initial machining and the deluxe machining.

They will also get me pricing for the scope lens rings, light sockets and mounting bolts.

CAST BRASS PARTS – Think Jedi is working diligently on these and has a projected completion date of late September / early October. Once he is done it will take my shop at least a month to cycle these parts through their machining process.

I know this seems like a long time but this is a complicated project with a lot of moving parts. Things have to progress in a certain order or very costly mistakes can be made.

I hope everyone is okay with this projected schedule.

Thanks

7/1 Update

Ordering phase for the machined parts is closed.

I will order 10 extra sets of parts but I can not sell any of them until every order has been received.

If you want to get in a que for these parts send me the info requested below

6/23 UPDATE

This list will close on June 30th.

I will order 10 extra Kits (6 Bespin / 4 Hoth) and have 8 available for sale but the price will be $125 for a set of parts and you will not have the option to select the exact parts you want.

5/29 UPDATE

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE TREAD BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER

I am in the invoicing process for the MACHINED PARTS and the DENIX MAUSERS

You can order any combination of parts that YOU need, in others words, I’m selling parts, not cookie cutter “KITS”

Here are the prices for the MACHINED PARTS

DENIX MAUSERS:

• $150 - ESB Accurized Mauser (Same a Accurized Mauser except it will be drilled for the ESB Parts as needed)
  • $135 - Accurized Mauser (Do not order an accurized mauser for any of my FUTURE projects, as it will not be drilled fro those parts and adding the holes is more expensive
  • $90 – Deluxe Mauser with factory wood grips, with my brass grip hardware installed but no accurazation machine work.

BESPIN PARTS:

• $45 - Flash Hider
  • $25 – Han of Luke Scope Bracket
  • $20 – Scope Bracket Disk
  • $10 – Scope Bracket Spacer

HOTH PARTS:

• $45 - Flash Hider (same price for the 2 Band Knurling , 1 Band Knurling or No Knurling)
  • $25 – Scope Bracket
  • $20 – Scope Bracket Disk
  • $10 – Scope Bracket Spacer

Please Reply to this post with an email to bobadebt@ec.rr.com

I NEED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFO

• RPF ID
  • FULL NAME
  • PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS
  • FULL ADDRESS
  • TELEPHONE NUMBER IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES
  • PARTS INFO (List the quantity and name of each part you want individually)

When ordering parts please do not just say you want a Bespin or Hoth Kit, there are variations in bot kits and I will have to get clarification to create your invoice

I know this has been a long road but our work is about to pay off and I’m looking forward to completing this project and hanging my NEW ESB Blaster on my wall.

Thanks

INFORMATION that resulted from the DL-44 ESB Blaster discussion thread in the Star Wars Costumes & Props Forum.

You can participate in that thread by clicking this: http://www.therpf.com/f79/dl-44-esb-blaster-discussion-230129/

DENIX MAUSERS

DUE TO CANADIAN CUSTOMS I NO LONGER SHIP DENIX MAUSERS TO CANADA, SORRY.

Info on Mauser Accurazation can be found in these threads:

http://www.therpf.com/f79/presenting-my-accurized-denix-mauser-217752/
http://www.therpf.com/f75/denix-mauser-accurazation-service-run-2-a-226017

ESB Machined MOUNTING HOLES

This is going to be part of the accurzation process and adds $15 to the total cost.. The number of holes and the placement of the holes will be based on the type of parts you order.

MACHINED PARTS

FLASH HIDERS

BESPIN – Single version based on my current print

HOTH – 3 versions based on my print with the following variations:

• No Knurling
  • Single wide band of knurling
  • 2 bands of knurling, one wide and one narrow

SCOPE BRACKETS

BESPIN – 2 versions based on my posted prints with the following Variations

• Luke – Tighter radius in the corner of the back edge of the lower bracket and the angular line
  • Han – Larger radius in the corner (circled in red) of the back edge of the lower bracket and the angular line

HOTH – 1 Version based on my posted print

SCOPE BRACKET DISK

BESPIN - Single version based on my posted drawings

HOTH – Single version based on the real part

All%20ESB%20DL44%20Parts_zpswjcqilsa.jpg

SCOPES & PISTONS

Think Jedi is providing these for this project.

AT this time we do not have confirmed pricing but he is very close to working that out.

You will order these parts directly from him and he will send them to me for clean up and machining.

There will be 2 versions with the primary difference being the circular area on the right side of the scope nown as the LIGHT SOCKET:

• Full Circle for the Light Socket
  • Flat Bottom Notch on the Circle for the Light Socket

The secondary difference will be solid and hollow. IF you go with Hollow the scope will be machined and I will provided glass lenses and machined lens rings

SCOPE BOLTS

Two versions

• Standard (based on the actual bolts used for M-19 Scopes
  • Thick – Modified version with a thicker head to replicate the look of the forward bolt in some pictures.

these will be ordered in conjunction with the scopes

HARDWARE AND RESIN PARTS

We will deal with this once toward the end of the project

I’m looking forward to the project and I hope it is as successful as my last :)

FAQ

Q: Will there be any tips and tricks for finishing this off ourselves? (

A: Yes, there are several threads in my history that explain the finishing process and I always provide a tutorial on how to build a specific blaster in the original thread.

If you still feel you can not finish your blaster, myself and other members of the this group offer finishing services.

All%20ESB%20DL44%20Parts_zpswjcqilsa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Active Project

PROJECT SYNOPSIS

__________________________________________________________________________________

FLASH HIDER

Both Flash Hiders feature a similar design. Internally they have a "barrel through" design that seems to be specific to the ESB Blasters. They also feature a counter bore at the back, perhaps to replicate the look of the ANH Flash Hiders

BESPIN FLASH HIDER

I will offer one version of this flash hider. It will be machined in aluminum and left natural

Price to be determined

HOTH FLASH HIDER

I will talk to my shop about this but I think I can offer 3 different version in either natural aluminum or anodized black

1. Conventional - 2 bands of knurling, one thin and one thick
  2. Alternate Version - 1 wide single band of knurling
  3. Unknurled - self explanatory, no knurling

Price to be determined

__________________________________________________________________________________

I’m going to offer both versions of the Scope Bracket

PRICES TO BE DETERMINED

Bespin Scope Bracket
  • Luke - 1/16 corner radius
  • Han - 3/16 corner radius

Hoth Scope Bracket

PARTS FROM A PREVIOUS RUNS

M19 scope and pistons update

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been involved in a project. Like...12 years or so?

Anyway, I wanted to give you an update on my progress. I finished the molds last weekend and have done a test pour in wax. They came out very well...no mold seams to speak of, so very little cleanup will be necessary before taking them to the foundry. I'm very please about this.

Here are some pics of the test pours to give you an idea of what we'll end up with.

tJ

View attachment 476484View attachment 476485View attachment 476486View attachment 476487

Last edited:

Subscribed for the next great kit (in for Hoth)!!
Way to go Dave!!
Regards,

Alberto

Yes, I include the front and rear lens with the modified scopes

Just the Hoth?

Have to decide about the ESB since I already have Scott's (MGC, Real Sight) Luke ESB and MR Luke ESB, I'll let You know mate!

Regards,

Alberto

Just... JUST... got the alluminum black to finish my Han ROTJ... can't tell ya how much I love that gun. Never thought I would get into Blasters.... but man... hooked.

So with THIS blaster, I'm in for whichever is the one Han drew on Vader - without hesitating... just fired at him the second he saw him - on Bespin (my favorite Han scene).

So what exactly does that entail... is it going to be open to do whichever blaster option you like, or is it going to be locked on a Han or Luke - Hoth or Bespin?

Definitely in.. I can't decide which blaster I'll want to do though

Also, will you be offering the brass grip hardware again or doing another Mauser group buy for this project?

Last edited:

Just... JUST... got the alluminum black to finish my Han ROTJ... can't tell ya how much I love that gun. Never thought I would get into Blasters.... but man... hooked.

So with THIS blaster, I'm in for whichever is the one Han drew on Vader - without hesitating... just fired at him the second he saw him - on Bespin (my favorite Han scene).

So what exactly does that entail... is it going to be open to do whichever blaster option you like, or is it going to be locked on a Han or Luke - Hoth or Bespin?

This will be like the ROTJ Project where you will be able to build the blaster you want, Hoth or Bespin.

But some people might want to add pistons to the Bespin and that will be okay, or you might want different greeblies above the trigger and that will be okay to.

The only parts that I want to keep grouped are the machined parts.

IN for a machined set of parts (scope mount, muzzle etc.) for EITHER blaster version you´ll be offering (Han/ Luke Bespin, Han Hoth)!

Thanks for offering this David

Markus

In for ESB Luke for Live fire, ESB Han for lights and sound replica, and ESB Hoth because I'm crazy.

MIGHT be in for extra sets (2-3, for commissions)

But if it has to be only 1? THE LUKE VERSION IS KING

I'm in for everything but the scope - I have one too many of those as it is...Luke/Han hero for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely interested in this project - looks like it should be great.

(I am assuming that if I am already on the mailing list, then I am one of the initial 63).

I'm in! My ROTJ turned out fantastic and I can't wait to build another blaster. Very excited.

I'm in,,,Can you make sure you have me on the list. cant wait for this run to start..It's going to be epic!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back