Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

I just added a rubbing of powder graphite over the Aluminum Black then sealled it. The graphite gave nice even sheen.

attachment.php

Last edited:
i did 3 coats of aluminum black on my sanded down denix today... i don't like how it came out and going boba's route with BBQ black

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/8d171c380b60090a3ce9dc6234a0fc5e.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/ba3f4ac011435a07b75ac921dafe71fd.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/3727f0b986204bf7856a9cb0c55f1caf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every Denix that I have blued with Aluminium Black has come out looking like this (you've actually got a pretty even application)

I always give mine a good coat of Silicone Gun oil & let them sit for a couple of days before wiping off with a rag, the colour always darkens & evens out nicely

I also learned the hard way that if I polished the denix too smooth before applying the Alu Black wouldn't really take :lol

I've also done a few where I just touched up the parts of the denix I'd worked on with a little Alu Black rather than completely sanding & re bluing because I'm lazy

i worked half a day today. on my way home ran into lowes and grabbed 0000 steel wool, and these paints.. couldn't find the ones boba suggest. maybe they changed the name now?
6ff2731fedd9df08fccd20aca97a18b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any tricks to removing the fresh new look of the paint on the denix once its sprayed? i know you guys said hit it with a rag. are you doing this with the paint semi wet still? are you rubbing it real hard?

i have been searching youtube for dulling but nothing is really showing up. its actually the opposite, things are showing up how to polish.. weird

any tricks to removing the fresh new look of the paint on the denix once its sprayed? i know you guys said hit it with a rag. are you doing this with the paint semi wet still? are you rubbing it real hard?

i have been searching youtube for dulling but nothing is really showing up. its actually the opposite, things are showing up how to polish.. weird

Wait for it to dry, then try rubbing it with a rag and some WD-40.

Last edited:
SO I finished my ESB Han Bespin the other day (minus the flash hider weather... have decided how to tackle that yet) and I thought I'd share!

FullSizeRender%202_zpslcmx5fmt.png

FullSizeRender_zpsivs83yot.png

...and this is how my other accurized Denix mauser sits to be converted to ANH...

IMG_8746_zpsstbuyk2i.png

i like it MJF, what sealant do you used for the graphite?

It's a clear matte craft sealer spray from the craft store. Good for pastels and other crafty things. Used it on my Hoth/AT-AT diorama to seal the baby powder snow in place.

I should also note that matte finished craft sealer it what I used to help dull down the muzzle. First I toned it down with 600 grit wet sandpaper. It also helped with the aluminum Black because I coated the entire thing black. I then used the sandpaper (steel wool works well too) and removed the black till I was happy with what was left. Then sealed it. It gave me the idealized look of what appears to be a silver painted muzzle on the real prop without actually covering up the metal muzzle.

the weather has been cold and wet here... cant get the second coat of paint on it. im so anxious over this damn blaster... i hope i can replicate some of these amazing paint jobs

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back