RUMOR: Black Series role play item up for preorder next week

Screenshot_20210504-114944_YouTube.jpg

Seriously??? I consider myself an extremely solid Star Wars fan and I had to look up what this was! Major pass for me! I can’t believe so many people crapped all over the very thought of them releasing a Y-wing helmet because it was “so obscure”. But THIS is okay???

Seriously??? I consider myself an extremely solid Star Wars fan and I had to look up what this was! Major pass for me! I can’t believe so many people crapped all over the very thought of them releasing a Y-wing helmet because it was “so obscure”. But THIS is okay???
Death Watch has played a MAJOR part of the most popular SW properties over the last 10 years or so. When I first heard it was coming out, I was honestly surprised it wasn't the female version with the slanted visor that the Armorer & Bo Katan wear.

Death Watch has played a MAJOR part of the most popular SW properties over the last 10 years or so. When I first heard it was coming out, I was honestly surprised it wasn't the female version with the slanted visor that the Armorer & Bo Katan wear.
Whatever, dude. Sugar coat it all you want.
Take 100 true Star Wars fans and put a Y-wing helmet and a Death Watever helmet in front of them. Which helmet will most fans be able to readily identify?

Take 100 true Star Wars fans and put a Y-wing helmet and a Death Watever helmet in front of them. Which helmet will most fans be able to readily identify?
Well, I wasn't arguing. I thought maybe you weren't a fan of The Mandalorian or the animated properties, so I was just passing along some information.

Still not sure about how stating what I did was 'sugar coating' anything, but ok.

Honestly people would probably identify a mandalorian helmet before y-wing, regardless of the new shows. Y-wing just isn’t as iconic as Boba.

Most people will probably look at the Y-wing helmet, which has about 20 seconds of screen time, and ask what is that thing.
On the other hand, between Clone Wars and the Mandalorian, Death Watch helmets have been seen quite a lot.

(I would personally prefer the Y-Wing helmet, but I highly doubt it will ever happen)

Most people will probably look at the Y-wing helmet, which has about 20 seconds of screen time, and ask what is that thing.
On the other hand, between Clone Wars and the Mandalorian, Death Watch helmets have been seen quite a lot.

(I would personally prefer the Y-Wing helmet, but I highly doubt it will ever happen)
Agreed, I do have enough Mandalorian helmets, though wouldn’t turn down the DW one, but I’d prefer variety.

Looks like a repaint of the concept (white) helmet (new dome, other parts still scarred). I would have to see this in person (or better images) to see if that is a deal breaker. Best case, this will be like the Captain Cardinal helmet; I can do without but if there is a good deal, I will bite.

I would have preferred another repaint of the X-Wing helmet.

Last edited:
All it would have taken was one person at Hasbro to be smart enough to think.. “hey, we can do all of these paint variations with this sculpt, maybe we shouldn’t add sculpted damage to the main body of the helmet.” I’d have probably bought a few myself if that was the case, not just for their repaints but for easy custom paint ups. As it is now you can either spend the money and then do the work body shopping it to remove all that, or you can just buy a raw cast. Recasts of the Sideshow helmet (the exact helmet used on screen for the DW) aren’t too much more than the BS.

I had preordered the Boba “new coat of paint” version from Amazon. It had a January 2022 release date. I got an message stating the date was now 8 December.

FYI: I canceled my order. Not for any reason about quality or price. I simply don’t have the desire for another Fett helmet at this time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back