keepcalmcostume

FINALLY starting on this sucker after pretty much a lifetime of wanting to be Indiana Jones when I grew up. I decided that rather than keep it strictly screen accurate, since I was already doing Rule 63, I'd make some changes and adapt the costume to be more geared towards 1930s women's clothing. So the pants will still be tan trousers, but they'll be women's trousers. The shirt will still be a beige/off-white button-up, but it'll be a women's blouse. And so on. And since I'm doing that, I'm not trying to match any specific version of the costume from any specific movie, just doing the overall basic look.

I already have a hat, which is just a cheapo costume version but looks surprisingly good considering that, and I've started getting swatches for the pants. And yesterday I started mods on the jacket I got a few weeks ago.
15895901_1181445728600233_1842697397158428808_o.jpg
I took off the cuffs, which both made it too long and didn't look right. I still need to shorten the hem some, remove/disguise the chest pocket (maybe? or I might just leave it), and figure out how to remove/raise the pockets (they're part of the actual front panels of the jacket, not just separate pieces stitched on top, so it's a little tricky). It'll never be screen accurate, but it's pretty close and still works well enough considering the other changes I'm making. If I ever go for a screen accurate Indy I'll definitely get one of the replica jackets (and hat), but for this costume I'm really happy with this jacket.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back