Ruffy`s First Bio

Ruffy1

^Howdy Hunters
My first post My first Bio :D
Sorry for my English i was a bit sleepy at school
i`m a Hunters Lair fan from germany , after long Nights in your Forum i start to make a Papekura Bio , 3hrs cutting , 2 hrs glueing , and 30 mins Resining today i wanna show you how it looks .
Tomorow i wanna Fibreglas it an a day l8ter sculp it with some Bodyfiller ...
if any1 have some tips pls post its my first work with Pepakura fibreglas bodyfiller and so ..

resizep2609091847.jpg.png

11122121.jpg.png

resizep0510091812.jpg.png

resizep2609091847.jpg.png

11122121.jpg.png

resizep0510091812.jpg.png

This looks familiar as I had a bash at a Pepakura bio. You've taken it a stage further and look to have achieved a cleaner build than me. With a bit of filling and builing up you'll be amazed how good it will look. Got me wondering whether I should re-visit mine.
By the way you cut out and assembled yours a lot faster than me. Took me bleedin ages.
Good luck with rest of build and welcome to the Lair.

After Fibreglassing

Bodyfiller and help lines
63141406.jpg.png

28723472.jpg.png

14555928.jpg.png

Done

84624829.jpg.png

34855662.jpg.png

i had problems with fibreglassing and a bit with the body filler think the nxt will be Better .

63141406.jpg.png

28723472.jpg.png

14555928.jpg.png

84624829.jpg.png

34855662.jpg.png

Looks like you got a bit carried away with the fillers. Guaranteed it will be easier next time, but try and do it with thin layers, that way it won't get all bumpy and jagged and give you a headache trying to sand it. If you use Sculptamold or Jesmonite it will be safer to use than fibreglass or epoxy and still give you a rigid finished piece.
I've used both but the Sculptamold is lighter and I'd recommend that if you are going wear it. You can get Sculptamold from Amazon.
Don't discard your first attempt, either try sanding it into shape or keep it as a reminder when you complete your next attempt.

Nice work on teh pep though. I recently had a bought with pep fever, but in teh form of a full Halo 3 Marine armor. ... :D results were less than satisfying. I agree that the filler is a little overboard, but the process you have is quite sound, keep it up, and you'll have a great bio in no time

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back