Rubies

Darth Domain

I'll be modding yet another rubies soon as well as completing my own. How much do you think one is worth if it is modded to a high standard. The helmet retails for £70 british pounds here. I may buy some more to do up also, as i'm really enjoying it
Cheers for any help/ suggestions

Originally posted by Darth Domain+Feb 6 2006, 09:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Domain @ Feb 6 2006, 09:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Feb 6 2006, 08:23 PM
...whatever someone will pay for it. :p
[snapback]1177446[/snapback]​
:lol so it looks like it would be an e-bay job then
[snapback]1177459[/snapback]​
[/b]

With a good enough paint job I would think a few hundred pounds. I have seen helmets that look as good as the DP Deluxe.

Joe

Originally posted by Darth Domain+Feb 6 2006, 03:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Domain @ Feb 6 2006, 03:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Feb 6 2006, 08:23 PM
...whatever someone will pay for it. :p
[snapback]1177446[/snapback]​
:lol so it looks like it would be an e-bay job then
[snapback]1177459[/snapback]​
[/b]

DD...just bustin' yer balls.
If you fix the nose slot, neck flare, replace the lenses, tusks and mesh and then give it a good OT paint job...then I think it's be worth a couple of hundred $. There are some moded Rubies lids out there that are fantastic. You just gotta ask yourself, "What's my blood, sweat and tears worth?"....

Originally posted by KevVader@Feb 6 2006, 07:01 PM
DD...just bustin' yer balls.
If you fix the nose slot, neck flare, replace the lenses, tusks and mesh and then give it a good OT paint job...then I think it's be worth a couple of hundred $. There are some moded Rubies lids out there that are fantastic. You just gotta ask yourself, "What's my blood, sweat and tears worth?"....
[snapback]1177592[/snapback]​

I know the effort and time that is involved in doing a Rubies mod and I dont think the time and effort justifies what you would be able to get for it. Just my 2 cents.

I have seen some mod'ed rubies helmets go for up too 350 with a neckbrace and some with out a neckbrace hit up to anywhere from 200 up to 300. So it really depends on how well you mod the rubies and how good the camra you use to take a picture of the helmet.

Originally, i was only doing mine up for me to costume in. But i've bought some lenses and tusks which came with another rubies lid, so i was going to do that and sell it as i don't ned two. But, if my own (my first attempt at anything crafty) turns out really good i was thinking of getting the other one sold. Then if i really enjoy doing that up i thought, hell, i may as well do a few for the fun of it and try and make a few £ or$. Is any one interested in signing up the for the second one? :p

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back