Rubies Vader with GH or SPFX Dome

FalconV8

Would someone please post some pics of a Rubies face with an SPFX or GH dome on it. That is, given the attachment mechanisms for the various helmets are interchangable, heck, even a photoshopped pic would do......
Even if it looks good, what are my chances of getting just a dome from GH or an SPFX, I'm thinking slim.

CM

Not all that slim. You'll have to be patient, but every so often I see just a dome or just a face plate turn up. Watch the Junk Yard, and watch eBay, and again... be patient.

Good luck and good hunting.

Cause I'm a cheap *******. :cry

I think the face is acceptable but the dome is what is terrible, just curious to see if a real dome can wake up that faceplate.....

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Jun 6 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1257483[/snapback]</div>
Can I ask why you would want to put a dome like that on a Rubies? (no offence intended)
[/b]

In my humble opinion, the Rubies' face plate is really good. Sure it's got a few kinks that need worked out, but the features are among the sharpest out there. I think it would look great. :thumbsup

I don't know if this will help you or not, but here is my reworked Rubies face with a fiberglass dome from a CT Vader on it.
I think these two look pretty good together and would like to see one with a SPFX or GH dome as well.

2005_0603_003240AAcopy.jpg

And one pic with the original dome

2005_0609_041909AAcopy2.jpg

Joe

Tell ya what... when I get my JBV2 I will post a pic with it on my Rubies faceplate. :D A JBV2 is practically the same as an SPFX dome if my understanding is correct.

<div class='quotetop'>(FalconV8 @ Jun 7 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]1257688[/snapback]</div>
Cause I'm a cheap *******. :cry
[/b]

LOL..... :lol

Gee, the dome ridge on the CT is just as soft as it is on the Rubies... Not flaming, just an observation.

Given that the Rubies is highly re-worked, it still has lineage - even some other lids don't seem to have that at the moment. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(syborwolf @ Jun 7 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1258001[/snapback]</div>
I don't know if this will help you or not, but here is my reworked Rubies face with a fiberglass dome from a CT Vader on it.
I think these two look pretty good together and would like to see one with a SPFX or GH dome as well.
2005_0603_003240AAcopy.jpg

2005_0609_041909AAcopy2.jpg

Joe
[/b]

Really good job on that. It looks awesome. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Gee, the dome ridge on the CT is just as soft as it is on the Rubies... Not flaming, just an observation.

[/b]

No Flame taken, The soft ridge is one of the reasons I replaced that dome on my CT faceplate.

Really good job on that. It looks awesome[/b]

Thank you.

Joe

<div class='quotetop'>(syborwolf @ Jun 7 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1258182[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>

[/b]

No Flame taken, The soft ridge is one of the reasons I replaced that dome on my CT faceplate.

Really good job on that. It looks awesome[/b]

Thank you.

Joe
[/b][/quote]
What kind of dome did you put on the CT?

What kind of dome did you put on the CT?
[/b]

A custom DP Deluxe type dome.
Don't want to hyjack this thread, but here are a couple of pics of my CT with the new dome.

2005_0610_031647AAcopy.jpg

2005_0504_033516AA.jpg

Joe

Perfect. Can't wait.....

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth-Shawn @ Jun 8 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1258431[/snapback]</div>
I'll try to post some pics this weekend, I have a rubies & an unfinished GH dome :)
[/b]

Anyone else with a Rubies faceplate with other domes.....?

<div class='quotetop'>(FalconV8 @ Jun 8 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1258559[/snapback]</div>
Perfect. Can't wait.....

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth-Shawn @ Jun 8 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1258431[/snapback]
I'll try to post some pics this weekend, I have a rubies & an unfinished GH dome :)
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I may be wrong about this, but that dome looks like the DP Deluxe recast to me....or even the rubies dome itself. Doesn't seem like the GH or SPFX from GH dome at all.

Dave :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back