Rubies Vader Chest Box Mod

I've tryed but with no luck, so idea number 2 is buy a new chest box or buy a new light chip witch any way you cut it, is going to cost ya around 70 bucks, i say throw in the extra 100 dollors on top of it and get a new box you will be happier. IMO

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Mar 3 2006, 12:02 PM
I've tryed but with no luck, so idea number 2 is buy a new chest box or buy a new light chip witch any way you cut it, is going to cost ya around 70 bucks, i say throw in the extra 100 dollors on top of it and get a new box you will be happier. IMO
[snapback]1197955[/snapback]​

I agree with you.

If you are going to mod the Rubies box stick to the cheap mods like paint, decals, etc...

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Mar 3 2006, 11:02 AM

Nah....get a new 3 output chaser relay board...$15 - $20 from The Source, etc...and wire it up with LEDs.

Originally posted by KevVader+Mar 4 2006, 12:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Mar 4 2006, 12:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GundamZeppelin
@Mar 3 2006, 11:02 AM

Nah....get a new 3 output chaser relay board...$15 - $20 from The Source, etc...and wire it up with LEDs.

[snapback]1198470[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well kavvader has a cheaper way of doing it =)~ But anyway you look at it you have to replace the board. I was saying if you can get a good chest box for around 175 i'd go for it, If you don't have enough cash save up for one you will be way happyer.
T'ill you get the cash you can always mod your rubies to look the part of the box you want normal people wont know the diffrents :D
heres a pic of my chest box till i get a new one :love
Chestbox2.jpg

Is that a Rubies box? If so, nice work.

I've done mine also. I will post pics later tonight if I get the chance.

I plan to get a Gino box at some point. I figure if you're going to spend it, might as well go for broke. :D

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Mar 4 2006, 03:14 PM
Is that a Rubies box? If so, nice work.

I've done mine also. I will post pics later tonight if I get the chance.

I plan to get a Gino box at some point. I figure if you're going to spend it, might as well go for broke.  :D
[snapback]1198747[/snapback]​

Yeah its a rubies and thanks it took a bit of time and work.

And i hear you go for borke you only live once. :D

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Mar 5 2006, 06:32 AM

Yes, looks very good. Did you replace the rods? What did you use for the gold caps on the end of the rods? What did you do to modify the coin slots?

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Mar 5 2006, 05:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Mar 5 2006, 05:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GundamZeppelin
@Mar 5 2006, 06:32 AM

Yes, looks very good. Did you replace the rods? What did you use for the gold caps on the end of the rods? What did you do to modify the coin slots?
[snapback]1199042[/snapback]​
[/b]

I cut all the buttons out of the box and replaced them with resin buttons, i repainted the old rods because they looked long enough to give me the R.O.T.J look i was trying to go for and i made the gold caps out of magic sulpt the coin slots i was going to cut out and make new one's but the it hit me.
i saw this picture of chest box'es where the coin slots has the sliver pairt of the rim painted black. So i did the same and it came out really well
I also took out the old straps and replace them with leather one's also i rewired the lights up side down so the leather straps are in the right place on the box

i tryed to make it look as much like these 2 chest box'es as i could
esb-roj1.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back