Rubies to RO (Supreme Edition Mods)

Re: My 1:1 Vader - pics

Jedifyfe- fixed your vader.

vader.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

You know for the price point it's not terrible. Plus if you did want to upgrade it later on, it can certainly be done with a bit of elbow grease and ingenuity. It's come down in price since it was originally released with ROTS too. I think it used to be like 600-700 or so when it was brand new. All in all I'd say it was a good buy.

You know for the price point it's not terrible. Plus if you did want to upgrade it later on, it can certainly be done with a bit of elbow grease and ingenuity. It's come down in price since it was originally released with ROTS too. I think it used to be like 600-700 or so when it was brand new. All in all I'd say it was a good buy.

Yeah retail back then was like 1,500. Now they settle into about 500-600.
Anyways, progress!
826.jpeg
Suited him all up finally. The boots look awesome on him.

Thank you. :)
Took some better pics.
View attachment 715065
Personally the boots make all the difference. They look miles better than socks or nothing at all.
They really do although socks would be pretty rad lmao. Love the pose you have him in with his leg slightly kicked out. Might as well take the sass up a notch and put his hand on his hip!

They really do although socks would be pretty rad lmao. Love the pose you have him in with his leg slightly kicked out. Might as well take the sass up a notch and put his hand on his hip!

Thanks. On post #11 you can see the socks.
About the pose, that's just the default pose of the manny.
unnamed_7_d5b9938d-0d09-4117-b0ac-dc4360bb7bbd_1024x1024.jpeg
I want to keep it because it reminds me of the ESB promo photo:
091026101936202114717427.jpg

Re: My 1:1 Vader - mods started

You know that something is going​ to happen when OP posts this pic:
View attachment 722729
And yes, I am finally taking the rubies Vader helmet under the knife. The orange is for my 1:1 jawa's eyes. Currently he is just sanded, nothing else. Also, do you have an opinion on the gloss & gunmetal I will use?

Repositioned the dome today.
IMG_20170422_163150910.jpg
I did it by shaving off the front of the mount in the dome, and then tilting the connector part on the mask. All that I did was just chop it off with a hacksaw, but leave part of it untouched so I can heat it and make it stay. For safety I applied some Bondo.
IMG_20170422_163453375.jpg
IMG_20170422_163429015.jpg

14929024586881822107539.jpg
Spot puttied up the bondoed dome mount and the horrible tooling marks from the mount. Going to let it set overnight to cure.
Next step: sharpening the dome strip.

I hate to steal attention in your thread and post a pic of my suit (SO I won't) but I am in the process of doing the exact same thing. Though I'm keeping most of the rubies items. I have upgraded some parts quite a bit ( almost all parts on the belt boxes, gloves and repainted the chestbox. Currently I'm resculpting the chest armor to look more like the ANH version. I'm convinced there's some jewel beneath all that plastic shiny mess! Actually repainting most of the plastic will do heaps for the look. Next I will resculpt the beltboxes with some putty to look more like the ANH ones.

I hate to steal attention in your thread and post a pic of my suit (SO I won't) but I am in the process of doing the exact same thing. Though I'm keeping most of the rubies items. I have upgraded some parts quite a bit ( almost all parts on the belt boxes, gloves and repainted the chestbox. Currently I'm resculpting the chest armor to look more like the ANH version. I'm convinced there's some jewel beneath all that plastic shiny mess! Actually repainting most of the plastic will do heaps for the look. Next I will resculpt the beltboxes with some putty to look more like the ANH ones.

No, it's fine. I'd love to see yours!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back