Rubies Surpreme Vader Costume

Darth Chetta

Hello all, I just recieved my Rubies Supreme Edition, and while i KNOW it is by no means up to the level of the ones made on this board, it is, for its money a very nice costume. I am a die hard nit picket, and evenw ith a few minor things i was impressed.
This is the version 2 costume withthe less shiny body suit and some mods done to the cape attachment. Here it is right out of the box. Mods coming soon.
Enjoy.
Josh

I'm still amazed at how one can now get a complete Vader package like this for less than the cost of a fan-made Vader helmet...amazing. Great to see another turn to the Dark Side
B)

:cheers,

Thomas

COOL. Great to hear people are finally getting these sets in. I saw them here in NYC going for $1299.99. It's just sick how much these are going for, but as SithLord puts it, it definitely costs less than a fan made helmet. Of course the detail and quality is nowhere near the fan made ones.

I got mine for $675 shipped. I am not a stickler for details, but it's worth every cent I paid for mine. The costume package is just incredible for the kind of crap Rubies usually puts out. The materials and overall quality turned out to be better than I thought.

I am in the process of removing the neck flare from the helmet the helmet almost HAS to go UNDER the chest armor because of the weight of the cape. The cape is soo heavy that it pulls the armor uo and almost chokes you, putting the helmet under the armor is more ROTS accurate but also saves you from choking lol. i am not able to upload any more pics can any one help? i have bout 8 more.

I won one on Ebay last Friday for $499, with shipping and insurance totaling it out at $529, and it'll be arriving Wednesday. I'm working on a Rubies mask I bought in the Junkyard and doing lots of mods to it. It seems like it's the one thing that needs work to make the costume look much better. I'll probably just sell the one that comes with the suit since I won't need it.

That's not good to hear about the armor riding up against your throat. Also, how tall are you, if I may ask? I see that the cape looks pretty long and touches the floor. I may do a bit of a hem on mine if it's too long. I'm just over 6", and I don't want it to drag the floor or to step on it if it's too long.

I am 6 foot 1. the cape is SUPER long. But when you walk, it catches the air sooo nice and flares out. i will hem itup a tad so it doesnt continue to drag on the floor. It is heavy, not super thick but as you can see it looks nice.

Damn, it IS long. I can see I will have to hem it up a bit...

So, the adjustable strap on the back of the shoulder armor doesn't help much to keep the armor from pulling back with the weight of the cape? I'm going to be wearing my costume at a band gig and will have it on for about 4 hours (without the helmet, though. Hard to sing through a Vader mask. :lol ) so I hope it's not going to rub my neck the whole night....

The strap on the back doesnt do much. the shoulder amour sits on the shoulders and the cape keeps it in place enough. i am pretty broad shouldered and barrel chested so it sits on me just fine without the strap. I would imagine that on a smaller framed person the strap would help keep it tight.

Originally posted by Betamin@Sep 12 2005, 11:43 PM
I won one on Ebay last Friday for $499, with shipping and insurance totaling it out at $529,
[snapback]1076028[/snapback]​

That's an awesome deal. Dealer cost is actually more than that.

:confused

I just don't see how people can sell stuff for so little...

Darth Chetta, definitely post more pics if you can. I'm anxious to get my suit.....but it won't be here until tomorrow. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas... :D

Originally posted by blufive+Sep 13 2005, 01:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blufive @ Sep 13 2005, 01:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Betamin
@Sep 12 2005, 11:43 PM
I won one on Ebay last Friday for $499, with shipping and insurance totaling it out at $529,
[snapback]1076028[/snapback]​

That's an awesome deal. Dealer cost is actually more than that.

:confused

I just don't see how people can sell stuff for so little...
[snapback]1076163[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, I was surprised at how low it went for, and it was in stock too. I bid just before hitting the sack and was the only bid. I got up the next day, checked it at work and had 26 minutes left with no other bids. I figured I'd lose it in the last few minutes to a bunch of bidders, but was amazed to get it at the starting bid.

Darth Chetta, did you say the cape attachments were changed? By Rubies, or did you change them? I heard they were kind of a flimsy clip or something...

This is a mod by rubies apparently. the V.1 costume had little, bra hooks. its the best way to describe them. Look at WackyChimps review and youll see what i mean. The V.2 costume has actual clips that clip to the chest armor. that way it doesnt come off. it hols the cape on weel but they look kinda odd im trying to figure out how to hide them better. I have mroe pics but cant upload anymore anyone want to host them for me? thanks.

Wow. Looks great. Is there a way to know if you will be getting a version one or two? I like the look of the body suit much more in this new version. Do most of the auctions list that info? Any Rubies dealer want to chime in?

I'll be receiving mine today, hopefully over lunch if UPS has arrived by then, and will check to see what mine has on it and post it in here.

Originally posted by phase pistol+Sep 14 2005, 05:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Sep 14 2005, 05:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Betamin
@Sep 12 2005, 11:10 PM
Hard to sing through a Vader mask.   :lol

No dude. Wireless lavalier behind the face mask.

It would rock. :thumbsup

:lol

- Karl
[snapback]1076728[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not a bad idea, phase. I wonder how loud my voice would be singing inside that plastic mask though.....I'd probably go deaf from my voice echoing inside of it while singing songs we do like "Do it again" by the Kinks, or "Hash Pipe" by Wheezer. :lol

Well if my info is correct, Rubies switched manufacturers so all orders coming out now at the V.2 costume. You can tell by the box.. the old box was just a rectangle the new one is a "display box" witht he helmet exposed on one side.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back