Rubies Supreme Armor

kalkamel

Master Member
With all these posts about the modified Rubies Vader costume, I thought I'd share with you guys the progress I've made on my shoulder armor, shin guards and chest box.

Here ya go:

Vader2004.jpg

Vader2006.jpg

Vader2008.jpg

Vader2009.jpg

Vader2017.jpg

Hope you like. :D

Looks good.

May I suggest that you remove the zipper and material from the back of the shin guards and install straps and snaps. Works much better.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Feb 25 2006, 08:59 PM
Looks good.

May I suggest that you remove the zipper and material from the back of the shin guards and install straps and snaps. Works much better.
[snapback]1193154[/snapback]​

I'll do that once I get my boots. Thanks. :)

Your Chestbox is wrong if you are going ROTS
The Chestbox bottom red light is on the LEFT side.
In fact in the movie that particilur button lights up as well. Something that it has never been done in ANY movie before. It was a last minute call by George Lucas.

looking very nice, there's a huge improvement in the shin guards, it was a pain to polish them as they are, but now with a paint job like that, should be great :thumbsup

Originally posted by TMP@Feb 25 2006, 07:18 PM
Your Chestbox is wrong if you are going ROTS
The Chestbox bottom red light is on the LEFT side.
In fact in the movie that particilur button lights up as well. Something that it has never been done in ANY movie before. It was a last minute call by George Lucas.
[snapback]1193513[/snapback]​

I doubt the ROTS look is the intention here as he has put writing on the chestbox. There is no writing on the ROTS box.

Originally posted by Boba Frett@Feb 25 2006, 09:51 PM
Nice  :) , did you add flex additive to the paint?
[snapback]1193177[/snapback]​

I remember there was discussion on flex additive but I can't find those posts...anyway, I'd like to do the same on mine...

However, I'm not sure on the exact product to be used...Krylon Fusion? What are the specific color codes? I need to paint my chest armor and shin guard. I searched Krylon site and I noticed there is gloss black, but no gun metal...

Cheers.

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Feb 26 2006, 08:04 AM
looking very nice, there's a huge improvement in the shin guards, it was a pain to polish them as they are,  but now with a paint job like that, should be great :thumbsup
[snapback]1193556[/snapback]​

Yep, I'm going after the ESB look. My helmet's been modified with a two tone black/gun netal color scheme.

Originally posted by darthraider+Feb 25 2006, 10:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthraider @ Feb 25 2006, 10:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boba Frett
@Feb 25 2006, 09:51 PM
Nice  :) , did you add flex additive to the paint?
[snapback]1193177[/snapback]​

I remember there was discussion on flex additive but I can't find those posts...anyway, I'd like to do the same on mine...

However, I'm not sure on the exact product to be used...Krylon Fusion? What are the specific color codes? I need to paint my chest armor and shin guard. I searched Krylon site and I noticed there is gloss black, but no gun metal...

Cheers.
[snapback]1193720[/snapback]​
[/b]

Check the paint can....it should say something about a flex agent in the paint. Also, if you can use it on plastic, there should already be a flex agent in it....

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back