Rubies Predator Costume

rabbit

Does anyone happen to own one of these suits?

http://www.buycostumes.com/Predator-2010-A...ductDetail.aspx

for the price it doesnt look that bad for someone who is on a tight budget like myself, i'd love to own one of my own Berserker Predator costumes but i'm a little pressed for money, does anyone know if this suit would be a good jumping off point for a noob costume owner such as myself to start the hobby? I want to try and pick one of these up before halloween to allow sometime to mod and custom it out a bit if needed. Although i figured i'd ask here and see what you guys think about this particular piece.

Can't say how terrible this is enough, I saw it at a local costume shop and it had No redeeming qualitys about it at all... No just NO don't do it!

They have this mask at the Halloween shop they just opened. The mask doesn't look half bad though. I think their are two versions, Like deluxe and regular. I'd buy the deluxe version and repaint the tights better if your on a budget. Then buy some monster feet and repaint them to match.

It's possible to turn this into some thing decent but then again don't know what your budget is...

They have this mask at the Halloween shop they just opened. The mask doesn't look half bad though. I think their are two versions, Like deluxe and regular. I'd buy the deluxe version and repaint the tights better if your on a budget. Then buy some monster feet and repaint them to match.

It's possible to turn this into some thing decent but then again don't know what your budget is...
I was looking to mod it out via the rubies huntorial, im trying to keep my budget UNDER 200$ for now, but then eventually keep putting money here and there into the project as paychecks come in.

The costume?Havent seen it yet so cant say.Atlantian any pics?It's really that bad?Thought the cannon and armor might be the exception here?I will say though I just got the mask(not the costume one).And it's pretty decent now watch Rubies do a version with the face and F it all up.

Many of those costumes, although they look like they would, don't stretch and are smaller than labeled. I bought the deluxe costume to modify and it kind of small for my height at 5'9" (I'm an average size lady not thin or large)

On the positive side I've bought several times from buycostumes.com and they have great service, I haven't returned anything though, you might want to check their return policy. If you do buy from them keep checking for coupons or get on their email list.

I have made several purchases from buycostumes.com and they aren't too bad, but i will always always always prefer to see in hand photos or see it in person before i make a purchase of this kind on the internet. i like to know what it will look like on average as opposed to the modeled pictures that they advertise.

The mask was here in our Halloween shop, seemed like the bio may be salvageable if foamed and painted, the dreds sucked, but someone did buy it....looking forward to meeting them out and about on Halloween....just to see what they were able to do for the rest of the suit....

I was going to buy it during summer before I find this awesome forum, but now I will say NO, after seeing all the suit you guys made, that costume is for child only

Sorry buddy no I dont have any pix, the suit is Really small if your over 5.7-8 forget about it, honestly You would be far better off spending your money elsewhere like on a decent Bio, then getting some foam and some latex and make your own armour.

I might pick this up as I don't have a pred suit yet. How would I go about repainting the body suit and feet to match? Also I would rework the dreads so I'll go check the forums for more info on that.

I ended up getting a rubies pred costume not the one u are talking about but the darn thing was way too small for me. I decided to make my own. This will be my first time doing this so I hope I don't mess it up.

Working on making it better. The skin, belt armor, leg, and torso armor are definitly worth it to start a suit. The gauntlets and mask are useless and the mask doens't even have dreds. I got mine for $90 and I am happy with it again for the skin and armor. I'm combining this with the budget rubies mask build and a lot of touch ups I will do myself. It doesn't include feet either so if you order some werewolf feet it should do.

yes, i have one,the pic on the web looks nothing like what it really looks like.if you get it, it will be like a cartoon, what i mean by that is,it will be bright red and black.the detail is grate.if you get it i hope you like it.

I made the mistake of getting one of the Rubie's costumes a while back. Worst choice ever.. A $75.00 item that is worth about $5.00. if that...seriously.

I would say, save your money, and put it into building your costume from the posts featured here. You will be a lot happier.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back