rubies mask questions

Hi I don't think it does. One came with my "deluxe" Rubies suit, and it was god awful.

The one that comes with the bio is the one that runs in the ballpark of 60 bucks, and it has 4 tube-like dreadlocks attached to it.

Good luck!

Just to give you an idea of thick it is compared to a quarter.
IMG_0314.jpg

Yes that bio is horrid. Now it can be reinforced with bondo. Honestly it would be a waste of bondo. The rubies mask has had several mods done to it by a few members but even then it doesn't come close to the quality you find from the guys and gals here.

yep totally true everyone on here says it rubies stuff are AWFUL you get what you pay for,dont waste your time
either save up your money and buy an amazing mask from a talented person on here or save up your money
and make it yourself good luck with what ever you plan to do.

i counld'nt agree more with predator_addict

i bought ont of these years ago, but trust me you will wish you had got a mask from a member here

i bought ont of these years ago, but trust me you will wish you had got a mask from a member here

I think it's all about what you're looking for, and what you have to spend. My Rubies mask is perfect for me. I think it's kind of sad that so many push alot of newbies away from that mask.

I don't know how everyone's financial status is here, but I was making really good money at a job I had and that I worked at for 10 years. In 2008 they cut many of us without even batting an eye. And it's obviously happened at many employers, as you'll see in the news.

I now make half of what I used to, and had the Rubies mask not have been an option, I wouldn't have been able to be a part of the Predator hype at all. I'm sure the Rubies mask is of a lesser quality than some of the other customs out there, but can you guys try to keep in mind that not everyone has hundreds or thousands of dollars to throw at this costume? It's all about having fun IMO.

I think it's all about what you're looking for, and what you have to spend. My Rubies mask is perfect for me. I think it's kind of sad that so many push alot of newbies away from that mask.

I don't know how everyone's financial status is here, but I was making really good money at a job I had and that I worked at for 10 years. In 2008 they cut many of us without even batting an eye. And it's obviously happened at many employers, as you'll see in the news.

I now make half of what I used to, and had the Rubies mask not have been an option, I wouldn't have been able to be a part of the Predator hype at all. I'm sure the Rubies mask is of a lesser quality than some of the other customs out there, but can you guys try to keep in mind that not everyone has hundreds or thousands of dollars to throw at this costume? It's all about having fun IMO.
You are absolutely right. As long as you're having fun with what you're doing, it doesn't matter. It's true some people don't have the money to get professional quality pieces, me being one of them (mainly because I can't officially work yet). But atleast you'll have something right? My rubies mask and howard bust were bought with extra money I had collected from babysitting, playing with my band in small resutrants, etc. The rest goes to helping my parents pay off our house.

your best bet to see what Rubies is before you buy it, is to wait till like. beginning of october when the halloween express stores come to town, when they have all thsoe masks on the top of the walls, keep lookin, you will run into Mr rubies. W/without mask. Never buy the $30 predator hands. they are unreal big. you gotta be a body builder to fit in them, unless you cut them. the hands and fingers are like double the size as well. i used Monster clown hands and put leather around the palms and put plastic finger nails it looked very close to P1 hands. obviously without much detail.

I used the Rubies Deluxe mask for my suit. I modified my bio by adding three LEDs to the lasersight. The bio mask is really fragile and warps very easily, but it looks really good on film--I use my costumes more for fan films than for conventions. But if you plan to wear it hard at gatherings where it will take some abuse, it probably won't tolerate it for very long.

The inner mask is kind of big and needs lots of extra foam padding to be wearable (but I've heard that Predators are supposed to have big heads anyway because of the massive musculature for the mandibles or somesuch). The plastic tubular dreads that come with the mask are awful--pop them out and throw them away. I used foam caulking rope to make my own dreads, and inserted them into the Rubies mask simply by cutting a small slit where I wanted them to go, then inserting the end in there (as long as you don't make the slit too long, you don't need any glue or anything to hold the dreads in there). I ended up using almost all of a 50 foot roll of caulking rope.

Sure, I could have spent a couple hundred bucks or whatever and had something that looked really really nice, but if you are on a budget and can't take out a second mortgage on the house for your suit, you can certainly modify the Rubies mask and it won't look half bad -- it absolutely will look good to the average ordinary non-hardcore person on the street.

sry I got no pix but I know the hands are really big. A man had to wear thick handshoes in it, I wear them also I loos them the hole time
I think its better to buy good one from the Lair

The rubies suit is terrible. I checked it out when I was buying my Mr Incredible costume....the mask is GYNORMOUS! The suite will fit you if you are 5 10 or shorter...and under 180 pounds...the mask is so flimsy and massive though! The only thing I would say is if u go the rubies route, check out the threads that tell you how to mod it

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back