rubies gloves...

vgfett

As I sit waiting for my blasted costume to come in the mail, I've been looking at many many pics of the Rubies parts, and what's going to need to be reworked when it finally gets to my house. One of the things that should definitely be repainted to match P1 are the gloves. I know in other posts people have mentioned that the only paint that would stick to the mask and the backer rods is plasti-dip, so I was curious to know what rattle can paints will stick to the gloves (if any).

When I bought my plasti-dip from HD, they only had the black color. If i need plasti-dip for the gloves too, where could I go to buy the other colors without having to order online?

Thanks!

hey buddy, its hard to say about the rattle can idea, i dont really think you can use a spraypaint on latex parts that move,
they WILL crack instantly and fall off, also plastic dip makes latex stiff. the way that has worked and lots of people use
is air brushing and to not crack mix with like pros aid or something, its really the only way ive seen anyone paint latex
that hasent cracked. you can however maybe use paint on acrylic for spots(small thin layer), and maybe if you spray a VERY VERY thin layer
from a rattle can almost as a mist for depth that may work, but pretty much 98% spray paint will crack on anything that
moves. ive done your method years ago when i started out and the only colors i seen from plastic dip where
yellow and black..

good luck

ernie

hey buddy, its hard to say about the rattle can idea, i dont really think you can use a spraypaint on latex parts that move,
they WILL crack instantly and fall off, also plastic dip makes latex stiff. the way that has worked and lots of people use
is air brushing and to not crack mix with like pros aid or something, its really the only way ive seen anyone paint latex
that hasent cracked. you can however maybe use paint on acrylic for spots(small thin layer), and maybe if you spray a VERY VERY thin layer
from a rattle can almost as a mist for depth that may work, but pretty much 98% spray paint will crack on anything that
moves. ive done your method years ago when i started out and the only colors i seen from plastic dip where
yellow and black..

good luck

ernie

Thanks Ernie- I had a feeling that would be the case, since the plasti dip was recommended for the mask, and the gloves ( I assume) are made from the same material. It just threw me when I only saw the plasti dip in black only at the local HD..

Thanks Ernie- I had a feeling that would be the case, since the plasti dip was recommended for the mask, and the gloves ( I assume) are made from the same material. It just threw me when I only saw the plasti dip in black only at the local HD..

well yea plastic dip is ok for rubber or anything but it makes it stiffer, and yes the gloves are made outa the same rubber latex as a mask,
but now if i was to use plastic dip it would only be for dreads as a skin layer, nothing more, as it is my dreads are peeling
and it has plastic dip on them, hope you find what you can do, if you can save up some money and buy a beginner air brush kit,
i did and painted a full skin and mask and feet and its still going strong, my skin hasn't peeled and my airbrush kit works as well
as it did when i got it, check my pics and see how well my suit came out with a cheap airbrush kit, i also have progress pics
in one of my older older posts lol

just let me know if you need more advice, i started out just like you, i got the sort end of the stick tho as i wasent apart of the forum yet
so lots of mistakes lol :)

The latex armor on my Ceremonial suit is rattle can. The trick is to prep the surface really well. IE wipe it with alcohol or MEK to remove any residue so it will stick. Spray the color very very light in several coats. That way it stays thin and will reduce the cracking. Its gonna crack a little, theres no way around it. You could seal it with createx gloss or matte clear and that would reduce the cracking. Ernie you saw my suit last year and it still looked pretty good for being painted two years prior. As long as you dont bend the latex toooooo much the paint will stay on. Remember....THIN COATS.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back