Rubies ESB EE3 Build

Robianco

After painting up a Hasbro ROTJ EE3 for a friend I decided to give the Rubies a go but I wanted to make an ESB version. I also added a £5 sight from eBay.

I pretty much discarded everything other than the handle, trigger guard and block with the hammer attached.

It was never really intended to be the most super accurate prop due to the limitations of the moulded hammer and other shapes but just to see where I could take the Rubies.

After cutting it down and dremelling the inside to accommodate some 40mm PCV pipe (the tapered barrel wasn't that important to me for this build). I added a Maclow clip to fit the body and a smaller one for the barrel. Barrel was 35mm steal pipe and I drilled the holes and filed them into ovals. I kept the painting to gunmetal and black with some relatively subtle metallic weathering.

I then had the greblies to tackle. I actually picked up some Sidewinder greeblies that I was going to use but ended up keeping those for a second (and hopefully more accurate build). So I used some other resin greeblies from a different EE3 kit I picked up on eBay. I didn't mind that they weren't completely accurate to ESB but were good enough for this build and kept the overall materials cost down.

To finish things up a friend of mine 3D printed the stock bracket and stock which I then worked on smoothing out a little before painting. Finally some strap fixings were added.

All in all a nice little exercise for a relatively novice builder and looks great with the Black Series helmet.

Now to work on the other build for a more accurate version with tapered barrel and using those accurate greeblies and some Molex connectors.

Attachments

• IMAGE1.jpg
    IMAGE1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89
  • IMAGE3.jpg
    IMAGE3.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMAGE5.jpg
    IMAGE5.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMAGE7.jpg
    IMAGE7.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMAGE8.jpg
    IMAGE8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMAGE10.jpg
    IMAGE10.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMAGE11.jpg
    IMAGE11.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMAGE13.jpg
    IMAGE13.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMAGE14.jpg
    IMAGE14.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMAGE15.jpg
    IMAGE15.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMAGE17.jpg
    IMAGE17.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMAGE18.jpg
    IMAGE18.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMAGE19.jpg
    IMAGE19.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 103
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back