Rubber not curing HELP ! PLEASE !!

Cleanup all done...All but one of the moulds are no good at all, but at least I've got all the resin parts out of them and cleaned up, so I can have another go.
On one mould I had added some more catalist in the top and stirred it in the best I could,..as contec suggested... and luckily when I pulled it out it had set more than the others had.
It was still a bit sticky so I brushed on more catalist and it's set now. I'm hoping I can use it...I only need two or three pulls from it so it might last.

I had a lucky accident really, while I was cleaning up the lego bricks I had used to surround the mould, and I was getting fed up 'cos it was taking ages...I thought I'd try a bit of tamiya acrylic thinner to see if it would take the rubber off, and it worked.!!..does that stuff have alcohol in it ?
I've used it to clean up the styrene parts and it seems ok. It left a little bit of rubber behind in the nooks and crannies, so I pressed blu-tac into the parts and it pulled out the stubborn bits of rubber !!

All in all, it's turned out better than I thought it would.:cool Cost me £15 in rubber, but could've been worse...

Cheers all

Phil

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back