Rubber Ink

japgoth

Hi Guys
just been looking at the steve wang vids regarding what he uses to paint his latex skins, with something called rubber ink instead of using rubber cement.
Also it seems that also Doug Stewart has been using this stuff for years!!! And that its he gets it imported from the Uk (yay for me!!!!)
But after googling for the last 2 days has really got me stumped on finding this suppiler!!!
Can anyone shed some more light on this substance and where Can I get my hands on this stuff.

Cheers
Nick

Nick, If you get hold of Union process inks PLEEEEEEEEEASE let me know, i have been trying on and off to find a UK supplier for years now, the import cost from the USA are more than the inks, due to them being classed as a hazardous goods etc.

these inks are something i really really want to use.

please keep me in mind

ye, i have searched for a UK supplier of these inks, no joy. as Lee says import costs are so much it's really not worth it

Unless someoone has unearthed a supply already in the UK.

/me prays

EDIT : its the "K inks" that are the ones to use by the way.

Yep not a problem Lee I let you know if I can unearth a supplier lol I throught they imported from the uk towards the states?!?
just a other idea... what about balloons paint?

i could only find balloon stamps, not the actual inks, but i have not had time to search again to be honest. but thats about to change shortly and i can restart my hobbies, so these inks would be awesome to find here in the UK.

i could only find balloon stamps, not the actual inks, but i have not had time to search again to be honest. but thats about to change shortly and i can restart my hobbies, so these inks would be awesome to find here in the UK.

Lee I'm still looking for it... its like banging my head againts a brick wall trying to find it o_O
The other option is PAX paint. BUT is it really strong to deal with wear and tear? because I have some mass produced latex mask, which can take so much pushiment without a mark appearing or paint cracking.
I surpect that it was painted with rubber cement.

So finding something that can deal with this wear and tear but with easy prep work would be amazing.

****Edit***
Just had a throught? has anyone sent emails or spam to FX studios in the UK. IF not I will be sending emails out lol
I can think of 2 companys one is based in cardiff called propmaker and the other one is neill gorton.

I know the union process ink can take a hammering. not sure about any others.

maybe a idea to send some spam o_O good thinking.

I will ask in the arts&crafts shop which is nearby japgoth and Usurper. I know they have a supply of the most kinds of ink. I'll ask also if they can send it to you and the costs of it.
They are good friends of mine... you never know...

I will ask in the arts&crafts shop which is nearby japgoth and Usurper. I know they have a supply of the most kinds of ink. I'll ask also if they can send it to you and the costs of it.
They are good friends of mine... you never know...

Sweet ancientpredator if you chould o_O there MUST be a UK supplier!!! I won't give up in looking for it lol

limited range of colours, and id be worried about spending until we knew what the stuff does when flex'd on latex,

good find and its a start i guess :rolleyes:

true lee.
I will be checking anything with them tomorrow, to see what it can do or not do. I.e can it be mixed with other colours, etc
Or if they have ideas on what other inks that may be best.

Ok made the call... bad news nope will not work through airbrush.
But made some calls to prop stores and appears that all of them used the good old PAX paint. SO looks like I may have to find a cheap source of getting Pros-Aide and FW inks

Still no luck in finding this rubber ink in the uk
But... anyone know where I can get hexane or bestine in the UK?
Cheers Nick

I use and have Always used FW inks, they are not too expensive anyway ( unless you are using them just once ) Prosaide is expensive but lasts ages.

BUT

I NEVER have and will not mix prosaide with the ink, your airbrush will clog up in a hurry.

now go keep looking for the process inks

Eugh LEE!! its like looking for rocking horse **** with the process ink!
Yeah I've got load of FW inks in the house at the moment I'm trying to work out what is the best cost wise and to get the best results.
I throught you can thin prosaide with the ink with water? but with a external mix airbrush?
So at the moment its a toss up between Prosaide or rubbercement.
I still need to get some rubber cement thinner to buffout the seams off the latex. But at least I have some if i go down the rubber cement road.

I base coat my masks with PROSAIDE through a old airbrush, leave it to dry for a few minutes,until it is not wet, but sticky ( it goes clear after a few mins ) then use pure FWINKS through my good airbrush, ( Rob told me the other day you can thi them with water if needed ) i check every now and again to see if the mask is still sticky, if it is not i do another layer of prosaide, and repeat when needed.

There are MANY MANY different ways to paint masks, and there is NO SINGLE best way, some mix latex, some use pax, the list goes on.

i am happy with what i do as i do not want to have to strip down my airbrush every single time i use it to clear out what basically is glue.

rocking horse **** lol. have not heard that for a long time.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back