RS Replica Stormtrooper Build.

SiMan

Hey guys. So we got a little time to build up a screen spec suit. We thought we should share the process.

OK, the Right Thigh. This has been reported back to us as a problem area, so here is how it goes together.

Here we see the top.

IMG_0852.jpg

...and the bottom. Note how it is miss-aligned.

IMG_0851.jpg

Gluing the cover strip to the first edge, the original used for reference.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

Here we can see the miss-alignment on the original and replica. Also note the addition of a small piece of ABS to the raised detail section join from the inside.

IMG_0858.jpg

Here is how I cut the knee ammo belt corners, right off the screen used suit.

IMG_0856.jpg

and heres the almost finished part.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Left Leg. Here we have the front cut to size, for the cover strip.

IMG_0860.jpg

This one is a little more straight forward.

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Both together.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Interesting to note that on this set the cover strip on the right is 24mm and 22mm on the left.

OH YEAH!
I love build threads especially when done with a original ANH set as reference!!!! :lol:thumbsup

Can´t wait to see your progress, i will watch this thread closely...

For all the awesomness in the pics, the thing that gave me the biggest thrill was scrolling down through the pics and then seeing that pilot helmet with the face. Got a good chuckle out of that.

This is what I love about you guys. Your willingness to share is unprecedented. I'm sooo glad the suit fell into your hands Simon and not someone that will just hide it away from everyone.Well done.

Ben

Armour looks awesome...but I think you need to send me one of those unassembled TK helmets in the background for quality inspection...

No doubt. Can't wait to see more. I was looking a little closer at the pics and it looks like the new pieces are smoother and more 'rounded'. Did you mold the body parts from the outside?

This is what I love about you guys. Your willingness to share is unprecedented. I'm sooo glad the suit fell into your hands Simon and not someone that will just hide it away from everyone.Well done.

Ben

Exemplary spoken, second that.
We will do a bulk RS Armor build next month :)

Excellent thread, Si and Rob!
It's the perfect format for guiding less-confident armour builders with the basics, AND highlighting and solving potential difficulties for all builders (eg. the misaligned thigh halves) :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Looking forward to regular updates... needless to say, I've just got a New Favourite Thread! :thumbsup

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

I really appreciate you all doing this build. I can only image someone spending over 1,000 dollars on a set of armor and ruining it. That's why I'll probably have someone build me a set. That is, when I can spend 1,000 dollars. Anyway, nice to see this build.

I'm taking my build very slowly, following the pace of Simon's and Rob's posts on the parts that could get screwed up. It's taken 35 years to get armour of this lineage, see no reason to rush it now.

I really appreciate you all doing this build. I can only image someone spending over 1,000 dollars on a set of armor and ruining it. That's why I'll probably have someone build me a set. That is, when I can spend 1,000 dollars. Anyway, nice to see this build.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back