RS Props Y-wing helmet

oblagon

Sr Member
I signed up to the RS props newsletter sometime ago. Just received an invitation to purchase a pre-order for a y-wing helmet run with screen linage today.
Here's a picture of the helmet they'll be reproducing.

unnamed.jpg

From the RS newsletter:
A Very Special Invitation.
As you will know we are always trying to bring new and exciting direct lineage replicas to our community. Every now and then we are offered pieces that are exciting and unique. This is one of those times.

We have secured an original studio made helmet from which we are planning to make a very limited one time only run of helmets. We wanted to offer you a exclusive spot on that run.

This helmet run will be strictly limited to 100 worldwide. We will then retire this helmet and no more will be made.

Why would you do that?

We have a number of exciting projects that we would like to work on. This one opportunity has come out of the blue and we don't want to pass on it, but we also don't want to make them as a standard helmet in our original trilogy range. So a very exclusive run seems to be the best way to achieve both these goals.

This invitation is going out directly to our newsletter subscribers, it will not be posted on our website if availability is oversubscribed. Please remember, these are very limited numbers.

How the run will work.

We are looking for people to secure a spot on the run with a deposit of £100. The balance will be due when your helmet is ready to ship.

This will help us secure the studio made piece.

Right now we have the R&D to carry out to create the best ever replica of this helmet. This means we have no release date confirmed but please, before you consider this as an open ended pre-order type deal let me reassure you it's not. We think of it more like an exclusive crowd funding invitation with a guaranteed screen accurate full lineage replica prop at the end of the project. I hope that our reputation for delivering in the past will reassure you we will deliver on this as we have previous projects and as always satisfaction is guaranteed.

One last comment.

These helmets require a very special paint job. In many ways comparable to a Boba Fett or Boushh style finish. This is another reason to keep the numbers low and therefore manageable and the project realistic and achievable................

When you have made your deposit will confirm your number in the run and the helmets will be shipped in this order. Number 1 shipping first and 100 last.

Last edited:
I just signed up for one too! Always loved the y-wing helmet; very excited to see them making this.

How are you guys getting on the newsletter? I've been trying to contact them and figure out how to get updates on the Wedge helmet and would have LOVED to get in on this but I cannot find a newsletter signup ANYWHERE!

How are you guys getting on the newsletter? I've been trying to contact them and figure out how to get updates on the Wedge helmet and would have LOVED to get in on this but I cannot find a newsletter signup ANYWHERE!

Pm me your email ill send you the news letter with the link in I have no idea where I signed up either I can't find a newsletter link myself now upon looking.

Same. And I’ve ordered two helmets directly and they don’t show up in my orders on their site because I ordered via email with Andrea.

Yeah, same problem for me - I have an account there but I don't know anything about the newsletter. So I just emailed Andrea directly...

Dan

I was surprised to even get the email. I’ve tried in the past to contact them about their HDPE trooper helmets when they occasionally had them available, but had the hardest time getting through; missed out on everything! I didn’t even know I was subscribed to their newsletter until I saw the Y-wing message this morning; I never get mail from them.

I signed up too. Hopefully In time. I figure I would have gotten a notice saying I was too late or something...

Hmm.

I wonder if this one will last long enough to go public.

Also very interested to see how well they can replicate that paintwork. Very cool.

Last edited:
If your having problems ordering try the guest check out

Indeed, that's what I found I had to do. When I logged in through my RS account and then loaded my basket through the provided special link I found that any order attempt I cycled through PayPal got auto canceled for some reason - they showed up as 'canceled' orders in my RS orders summary. When Andrea suggested I check out as a guest (load the basket from the special link without being signed in to my RS account) I found the order 'took' right away on the first try.

Thanks again, OP, for the heads up on this for those of us who aren't on Facebook and missed the newsletter announcement, and thanks RS for another AWESOME opportunity for another great piece!

Dan

Last edited:
Odd, I don’t use a desktop or laptop daily. Facebook doesn’t show the newsletter option through an app.

Odd, I don’t use a desktop or laptop daily. Facebook doesn’t show the newsletter option through an app.
and when I go to it on the web, it just says "you're connected" with a button to "Start your form" but this just made me create a mail chip account and then started asking for my business info, mailing address, contacts, subscriptions, etc. like it was trying to get me started in making my own newsletter. I don't see a way to sign up for RS Props' newsletter at all...

You can find the Y Wing helmet deposit link if you search for "Y Wing" on the RS Props website.

Yep. This works. & it still says "In Stock".

The Y-Wing is my favorite ship in Star Wars, & so I was thrilled I got the newsletter showing this this a.m.. I signed up immediately. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back