RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

Fantastic paint job on the EFX.

I guess what I see as different is the lineage of the casting too. It's like with the Vaders. You can paint up a PCR EFX plastic Vader which technically has the lineage to ANH but It's still plastic and a very sanitised casting. You can paint it up to look like an ANH Vader and it will look gorgeous but won't compare to say painting up a SL or TM fibreglass casting of Vader. It's a whole new level and I guess not everyone cares for that. I wouldn't trade a hundred PCR Vaders for my SL casting. Nothing compares when you have it in your hands.

If you see the RS Fett castings in detail there's a whole landscape of features that just aren't on the EFX.

Then of course you have to factor in how much you want to pay someone to spend a few weeks painting a fett up. Time is money and in China people just aren't payed what people in the west are.

I do love how your EFX has come out with a repaint though. Looks sweet.

Ben

Technically your TM or SL is also some type of"Plastic"...but the tickness of layers and the glass inside makes the difference why its so strong.
When you put some layers with glass in the thin EFX helmet it will have the same feeling.

But with the Quality of the casting you are right...there are worlds between an EFX PCR and an TM or SL. ;)

Fantastic paint job on the EFX.

I guess what I see as different is the lineage of the casting too. It's like with the Vaders. You can paint up a PCR EFX plastic Vader which technically has the lineage to ANH but It's still plastic and a very sanitised casting. You can paint it up to look like an ANH Vader and it will look gorgeous but won't compare to say painting up a SL or TM fibreglass casting of Vader. It's a whole new level and I guess not everyone cares for that. I wouldn't trade a hundred PCR Vaders for my SL casting. Nothing compares when you have it in your hands.

If you see the RS Fett castings in detail there's a whole landscape of features that just aren't on the EFX.

Then of course you have to factor in how much you want to pay someone to spend a few weeks painting a fett up. Time is money and in China people just aren't payed what people in the west are.

I do love how your EFX has come out with a repaint though. Looks sweet.

Ben
Thank you for the kind words. : )
Agreed that the medium has a direct impact on the overall experience with the thing.
Even though the casting is sanitized simply through the PCR conversion of having to slice and dice things to make separate pieces to put back together, you CAN'T not have it missing a lot of detail, and it's amazing they got it as good as they DID.
I have the eFX PCR Vader that I painted up to correct ANH spec, and I have the eFX Limited fiberglass Vader, and although even the Limited isn't 100 perfect, it's WAY more in the realm of the real deal than the more accurately painted PCR, by a long shot. I was actually considering selling the PCR, since I have the Limited, and a special commission coming from RS.
As cool as it is, the PCR would be superfluous , really.
I'm hoping that when all the main backlogs are through at RS, that they might agree to a commission of working up an ESB spec version of their lineage Fett.
That would be my grail piece!

I'm hoping that when all the main backlogs are through at RS, that they might agree to a commission of working up an ESB spec version of their lineage Fett.
That would be my grail piece!
Don't forget that there is some extra physical damage on the lineage cast that RS is using that wasn't on the helmet in ESB.

Don't forget that there is some extra physical damage on the lineage cast that RS is using that wasn't on the helmet in ESB.
True, but, if they were inclined, nothing that can't be reverse engineered back to ESB spec. : )

True, but, if they were inclined, nothing that can't be reverse engineered back to ESB spec. : )
Wouldn't that be basically a fiberglass version of the efx helmet with better paint?

There would be interest in a helmet like that, but obviously it wouldn't be the same amount of lineage.

How do people feel about the RS ROTJ Fett helmet?

Wouldn't that be basically a fiberglass version of the efx helmet with better paint?

There would be interest in a helmet like that, but obviously it wouldn't be the same amount of lineage.

How do people feel about the RS ROTJ Fett helmet?
As far as I know about RS's ROTJ, their master pattern was a cast from a scan of a fan made helmet.
I've not seen one up close, so idk how I feel about it.
It's not available from them right now anyway, so...

The RS ROTJ helmet had a Master Replicas cast as a base (possibly a proto one), which was made after they (MR) scanned the Pre-Pro #3 helmet from the LFL archive, although they wanted the ESB one, but were mislead by the guys/gals at LFL. Even after Lee Malone (Rogue Studios), who did the master painting of the helmet, told them that the helmet was not the ESB one, they didn't believed him, and the final paint job was a combination of both ESB and Pre-Pro #3.

I cannot express how much I appreciate the education I am receiving about the complexity and intricacies of Fett from those who know. Thank you.

I received my helmet back with the missing details added.

RS_Propmasters_Fett_01.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_02.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_03.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_04.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_05.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_06.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_07.jpg

RS_Propmasters_Fett_08.jpg

The efx is basically printed on and they did a pretty great job for $400.

ggriffaw your helmet, while missing the blue sharpie, is a damn good example from RS.

It looks so great, I can't wait to get mine.

The EFX is an achievement also, but after seeing one in person, the printed 'hasbro-esque' paint and obvious mass produced quality (not critiques, just observations) puts it outside of my collecting focus. It is genuinely impressive though, if you want a 'clean' feeling product.

I live in an earthquake zone, does anyone have any display ideas? There's been 3 proper quakes in 6 years.
I'm thinking on a tight fitting helmet stand (foam head inside and chin strap buckled up) inside an acrylic case, the whole display having its base bolted to the furniture. I can't afford a seismic isolation base!

Have we heard any news on this run of painted helmets? If anyone has recently received one, it would be cool to see more photos. RS doesn't mention Fett helmet updates on their YouTube channel.

Have we heard any news on this run of painted helmets? If anyone has recently received one, it would be cool to see more photos. RS doesn't mention Fett helmet updates on their YouTube channel.
I believe Rob mentioned adding some Fett items to the RS site in the future.

I believe Rob mentioned adding some Fett items to the RS site in the future.
What I meant was that the run started a couple of years ago... I ordered mine at the beginning, and haven't heard any progress updates. It would be awesome to see if others have received theirs. I'm sure RS had a ton of orders, and I know these helmets take an incredible amount of time and effort to paint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back