RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

That is certainly one hell of a helmet.

I’m not an ESB expert by any means, but I can’t help but notice you are missing the white paint smudges. The infamous thumb print, you know? Was that a special request on your part?
The black "spot"on the RF ear is also missing on the RS.

The black "spot"on the RF ear is also missing on the RS.
Good catch.
It seems like the Borden wasn’t fully painted either.

I’m very impressed by the paint work on the helmet but surprised at some of the stuff that slipped through if I’m honest. And I have never been sold on that base green.

Attachments

• E1288093-BD6F-449C-A8A9-BE5C4D98BEA9.jpeg
    E1288093-BD6F-449C-A8A9-BE5C4D98BEA9.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Thanks. Is the ESB on the right? Some of the screenshots from ESB have a scratch on the white arc.
Yes, your helmet is on the left and the ESB/ROTJ:SE Hero is on the right. Your helmet is missing the scratch in the white as well as the black dot, the remains of the dry transfer.

Here is a great resource showing the helmet as it is today, the version RS was replicating. Would give this a look to check out the ears, Borden, and white paint detailing that is missing.

I have to be honest, I’m a big supporter of RS and I own many of their helmets, but I’m very impressed with how the $430 EFX helmet compares to the $1600+ RS helmet. Yes, the painting application is superior on the RS helmet, but I’m now of the opinion that the RS helmet isn’t worth the cost.

Yes, your helmet is on the left and the ESB/ROTJ:SE Hero is on the right. Your helmet is missing the scratch in the white as well as the black dot, the remains of the dry transfer.

Here is a great resource showing the helmet as it is today, the version RS was replicating. Would give this a look to check out the ears, Borden, and white paint detailing that is missing.
Thanks for the link. That is a great resource.

It appears that is the helmet they were trying to replicate. Unfortunately a few details were missed. I wonder if they are all being done that way.

I have to be honest, I’m a big supporter of RS and I own many of their helmets, but I’m very impressed with how the $430 EFX helmet compares to the $1600+ RS helmet. Yes, the painting application is superior on the RS helmet, but I’m now of the opinion that the RS helmet isn’t worth the cost.
If you factor in the amount of man hours it takes to apply that paint job it's well worth it. I love the helmet and the fact that it's untouched lineage from the original is unbelievable. Vader helmets can be much more even though it's a much less complex paint job. Look at the man hours involved in that paint job and tell me you would work for less an hour.

The EFX is applied by computer in a factory. Much less involved not to mention all surface detail has been removed.Its plastic too.

The Y-wing RS made should have been charged at much more.Probably twice as much. I doubt they made any money on that as the paint job took soo many hours to complete.

People expect cheaper because a factory in china can do it paying people a pittance for thier hours. In the western world paying someone that much would be criminal.

This is a stellar piece that wouldn't have been possible years ago unless you were given an opportunity based on trust and friendship.

Ben

I have the Efx Fett and if I could choose I'd take the RS one any day. The Efx holds it's own from a distance IMO, but the RS one is a better helmet for sure. I just need to start saving

If you factor in the amount of man hours it takes to apply that paint job it's well worth it. I love the helmet and the fact that it's untouched lineage from the original is unbelievable. Vader helmets can be much more even though it's a much less complex paint job. Look at the man hours involved in that paint job and tell me you would work for less an hour.

The EFX is applied by computer in a factory. Much less involved not to mention all surface detail has been removed.Its plastic too.

The Y-wing RS made should have been charged at much more.Probably twice as much. I doubt they made any money on that as the paint job took soo many hours to complete.

People expect cheaper because a factory in china can do it paying people a pittance for thier hours. In the western world paying someone that much would be criminal.

This is a stellar piece that wouldn't have been possible years ago unless you were given an opportunity based on trust and friendship.

Ben
You´re right...its a lot of work to paint a Boba helmet.And yes the RS looks great.But lots of painters out there have the same work and can make it more accurate for a lower price.And yes the EFX is made with a computer and yes its made in china but if it looks so good next to a 1600$ helmet its the an outstanding helmet.Computer or not.And it has Metal Ears.And that for this low price.And if you want only things that are made with western world paying you should never bought a phone,shoes or T-shirts again.;)

The casting is 580$ so you pay over 1000$ for the paintjob+metal ears.That are almost 4 EFX helmets.
It can be worth for a hardcore Boba Fan yes...but for this price it should be absolute perfect in every way.

Last edited:
You´re right...its a lot of work to paint a Boba helmet.And yes the RS looks great.But lots of painters out there have the same work and can make it more accurate for a lower price.And yes the EFX is made with a computer and yes its made in china but if it looks so good next to a 1600$ helmet its the an outstanding helmet.Computer or not.And it has Metal Ears.And that for this low price.And if you want only things that are made with western world paying you should never bought a phone,shoes or T-shirts again.;)

The casting is 580$ so you pay over 1000$ for the paintjob+metal ears.That are almost 4 EFX helmets.
It can be worth for a hardcore Boba Fan yes...but for this price it should be absolute perfect in every way.
Wow you've mentioned price again in an RS thread. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Ben

Wow you've mentioned price again in an RS thread. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Ben
Yes.And I will ever do it when I see problems with them.Keep praising them in the sky like always.Maybe they will send you a helmet for free one day. ;)

I did message Andrea about this as I was concerned about my helmet (which is ready to ship) and I received a reply back saying that mine had all the correct details and paint application. So I believe this may have been a one off? I’m sure that if Ggriffaw sends his back, if he hasn’t done so already, RS will resolve the matter.

I did message Andrea about this as I was concerned about my helmet (which is ready to ship) and I received a reply back saying that mine had all the correct details and paint application. So I believe this may have been a one off? I’m sure that if Ggriffaw sends his back, if he hasn’t done so already, RS will resolve the matter.
I have already received approval to send it back.

I wouldn't be happy receiving this helmet.

The helmet *IS* the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK hero *BUT* at the time of being cast and available to collectors from RS Props / Machine Craft Replicas / Wasted Fett/ Viva Fett / Minute Fett it is the SE Helmet.

The RS helmet is missing not only Special Edition specific paint applications but Empire Strikes Back.

1) The white finger smudge on the back of the helmet.
2) The paint smear on the mandible below the crack.
3) Additional sliver and white paint applications on both cheeks.
4) No blue sharpie marker on the back or the front of helmet.

These aren't simple mistakes these are CLEARLY present on images from when the helmet was on tour, promotional photos, etc.

Yes.And I will ever do it when I see problems with them.Keep praising them in the sky like always.Maybe they will send you a helmet for free one day. ;)
Oh I don't need a free helmet. I'm happy to buy quality over cheap s$&t any day.

Ben

I have already received approval to send it back.
See. Now try and get that service with EFX or any other maker for that matter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back