RS Prop Masters HDPE

Wrong!

OP: Hey look, I just bought this piece that I'm really proud of.

Everybody: Awesome! That's SO good for you. Fan-tas-tic! Yadda yadda...

Me: I really don't get what you like so much, I personally don't like it and here are my reasons why not:

Everybody: Howdare you say anything against the OP's new toy?! Reeeeeeeeeee!!!

I never said the OP is not allowed to like whatever he wants to like. I gave my reasons why I don't like it. I used words that express exactly how I feel about it. Words many of you are unable to handle, obviously. And what did those words do exactly?! Do you think, the OP is sitting in a corner of his room, crying and no longer loving his awesome, expensive bucket anymore, just because evil Watto wrote those words on the internet and now it's cursed?! No, of course not! He probably doesn't give two ****s about my opinion - and he shouldn't! It's my opinion! Yet I've been told several time not to express it, because of various, stupid "reasons": Being a new member, allegedly "attacking" the OP by expressing my feelings about the helmet, advised on using certain words, but avoid others, because feelings - some of you guys are pretty fascist when encountering opinions you don't like! Now there's a word you should look up and learn: "tolerance"!

Respect is something you earn. You don't earn my respect just by buying expensive stuff and then showing off and you definitely don't earn it by disrespecting my opinion and acting like a bunch of intolerant, elitist bullies that start to cry as soon as somebody disagrees and uses strong language. And by now, I couldn't care less for your kind of "respect" you obviously only achieve by hailing every new toy, kissing every butt belonging to it and avoiding every word, that might disturb the questionable peace in your cozy little echo chamber. That's exactly why I didn't interact with anyone when I registered two years ago and that's exactly what I'm going to do in the future. There are many incredibly talented people on the RPF and some good info to get here. Unfortunately a huge part of the community is elitist and toxic as hell. But you're probably gonna tell me it's just my fault, right?! ;)

Just quoting the whole thing, for the record.

Oh, I won't leave, kiddo. Don't cry too hard over my evil words now, or does Mommy need to cuddle you?! :)

Nah, I'm ok... considering that your knowledge base sounds about nil and you have nothing to contribute to the community, I doubt that our paths will cross very often.

Craig, for the paint chips, did you add any intentional chips or are those all natural? Mine seem to be focused around the eyes and under the tubes.

Can we just point out watto has called people who have a passion for their childhood favourite memorbili, "kiddo" but uses slangs and grammar common of a teenage from this decade?

He/she is clearly a troll who has made false claims about clean stunt troopers, doesnt know anything between ABS/HDPE, claimed english isnt their first language, when it is, the troll is just using it as a pathetic excuse, and is now making petty arguments and insults that are hypocritical just to draw attention away from the fact that their comment on the original props was ENTIRELY INCORRECT.

Lets not forget their claim about lurking around here for a while but broke the most blatantly clear rule about necroposting.

I call BS

I totally don't understand the reactions and the way that guy is talking **** and I would really enjoy having somethings else to read but I cannot help myself and have to read every new post here even if I hate it.
Just a small thing, he didn't necropost, someone else did just before his message.

Just stumbled across this thread re HDPE helmets from RS but I'm pretty sure these aren't HDPE lids in fact they are PP lids (polypropylene) produced like the originals. I might be wrong but that's what I was told years ago by Simon when I purchased mine.

Just stumbled across this thread re HDPE helmets from RS but I'm pretty sure these aren't HDPE lids in fact they are PP lids (polypropylene) produced like the originals. I might be wrong but that's what I was told years ago by Simon when I purchased mine.

You are 100% correct. I guess people have just gotten used to the term HDPE, since its what they are mimicking. Great point.

It's VERY hard to tell between a HDPE material and a PP material in hand. It's very likely the originals were PP anyway. Also what Watto claims is completely incorrect. All the original 50 stunt helmets are messy. Sure some more bumpy than others, but all were sloppy.Although I'm sure all hardcore Stormy fans know that.Hell even casual Stormy fans would know that by now. ;)

Ben

Just a small thing, he didn't necropost, someone else did just before his message.

The bump right before his post on page 2 was from August of 2018. We went straight from a 2018 post about it being sexy to it being ugly as hell in 2019.

Anyway, Mods said to move along. Let’s get this back on track! I too use the HDPE term. I’ll change it to PP.

The bump right before his post on page 2 was from August of 2018. We went straight from a 2018 post about it being sexy to it being ugly as hell in 2019.

Anyway, Mods said to move along. Let’s get this back on track! I too use the HDPE term. I’ll change it to PP.
you are right, sorry. I will learn to keep my mouth shut. Since it was exactly the right day and month, I didn't notice the year.

back on track then, RS was also using the term HDPE in a mail they sent me :D

Craig, for the paint chips, did you add any intentional chips or are those all natural? Mine seem to be focused around the eyes and under the tubes.

I found myself back at this thread from nearly three years ago, and found a couple of questions I didn't answer.

1) I didn't add the paint chips. RS created the paint chips - I asked for "light random paint chipping" instead of going heavy
2) A couple of spots have opened up a bit more over the past three years, since I first receive my helmet
3) A few extra paint cracks have formed, but nothing terrible
4) You could order these without the paint chips
5) Watto was banned - wow! I'm shocked. He was such a charmer...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back