RPFers going to DragonCon, shout out!

Dark Jedi 1500 and I will be there representing 2StoryProps. We'll be bringing Daft Punk tuxedos, Subject Delta, Portal gun, and a few Monarch's Henchmen.

I'll be there for the 10th year in a row, hopefully debuting an Ood Sigma costume (if I can get in touch with the member who's making my mask) and a TARDIS costume :)

I went for the first time in '05. I haven't been back but promise I'm going each year. Each year I miss out and all the rooms are booked. As I see it, you MUST stay onsite...why would you want to leave? A friend moved to Peachtree city and offered a place to stay. However, I'd really think I'd be missing out if I did stay at his place. The wife is a 'con virgin and wants to experience it...and I think she should experience it in all it's late night glory. Any thoughts?

I'll be there - first time not as a guest in 15 years, tho - they've got a new category for attending professionals, since all the "guest" slots appear to have gone to the major writers and media stars... not on any panels (that I know of) yet, but I'll probably be assisting in the late-night puppetry slam Sunday night...

Last year was also the first time I didn't stay on site - a friend loaned me her house, which meant a 15-minute drive in and out... with the garage right next to the Hilton/Sheraton, I didn't have a problem with getting anywhere, and the drive was nothing... wouldn't recommend that if you're planning on costuming, tho...

What I'll likely do for myself is less a name tag and more a badge where the RPF logo is the largest part of the badge so that it's very visible. If someone comes up to me then I can tell them my user-name. Something like this.......

Last edited:
staying on site is awesome, but not a requirement. theres quite a few hotels with a few blocks and walking it isnt a big deal as long as you plan your trips out. Im staying at the Days Inn about a block and a half away from the hyatt, and honestly, its gonna be faster walking to my room than it would be to wait on hyatt elevators lol

What I'll likely do for myself is less a name tag and more a badge where the RPF logo is the largest part of the badge so that it's very visible. If someone comes up to me then I can tell them my user-name. Something like this.......

Really nice!

staying on site is awesome, but not a requirement. theres quite a few hotels with a few blocks and walking it isnt a big deal as long as you plan your trips out. Im staying at the Days Inn about a block and a half away from the hyatt, and honestly, its gonna be faster walking to my room than it would be to wait on hyatt elevators lol

If you're not a big costumer, maybe, but IMO those going with 10 costumes apiece would be better served staying onsite. Even in the Hyatt.:angel

My 7th, wife's 10th, and her kids' 1st time (they're 14 and 16 - both costuming at the con, as well). We need both of our cars to take all our costume stuff.

I'll be going for the first time in a Decade. My girlfriend's been there slightly more recently.

Just look for a short feisty Canadian and Xena. Or a short feisty X-man and Rogue. Or a couple BSG pilots. Or a short feisty patch wearing bar owner and Quorra (costume groupings subject to approval) ;)

I'll be there, Thursday through Monday. I'll be in my as-of-yet unfinished Dieselpunk costume. I'll be wearing Dr. Martens' boots which will put me in at about 6'10" — so I really will stand out. I'm going to try to attend as many prop building tracks as possible. I need knowledge and know-how. See you there! 23 days to go...yikes.

This will be my 9th year and my 2nd as a guest. Very excited! Come see us over at the Costume Track in the Marriott! We know you guys have really good ideas, tips, tricks and generally good costume discussions!

I will be going this year. 2nd year to go and very excited, just not enthused about finishing projects up until the last minutes before we leave. :lol I'm sure there are several of us still working on those finishing touches...as always. :confused

Can't afford to go just yet, but make sure you guys stop by Aaron Douglas' table and enter the charity raffle he's doing. He's got a signed BSG pistol to give away and he'll also be giving a way a 'real final five' photo op where the winner can bring three of their friends to get one of the professional pics done. Normally they only allow two people + the star and that usually runs $30, not including signing.

All proceeds from the raffle go to help the Burned Child Recovery Foundation.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back