Question RPF locked me out (answered)

Garthok

Sr Member
Hi, I was looking through the Premium section and when I tried to open a new page I got hit with this message

"You have not yet entered a license number. Please do so now by going to the Extra Threadfields Options section in your admincp"

It happened no matter what I tried to open on the forum. I closed my browser down and reloaded and it is all ok now. I just thought I should bring it to your attention

Weird Message - License Number?

Just clicked "New Posts" and got a weird error (?) message...
You have not yet entered a license number. Please do so now by going to the Extra Threadfields Options section in your admincp.
Tried to go directly to a couple of forums, and got the same thing each time. I even tried logging out and logging back in to clear the cookies...nada.
Had to back door my way in to this section, but it now appears the problem may have sorted itself out.
Any idea what that's all about?
Thought maybe I had been banned for pandering for rep too much. :rolleyes

Hi, I was looking through the Premium section and when I tried to open a new page I got hit with this message

"You have not yet entered a license number. Please do so now by going to the Extra Threadfields Options section in your admincp"

It happened no matter what I tried to open on the forum. I closed my browser down and reloaded and it is all ok now. I just thought I should bring it to your attention

Yep...happened to me too. I'll "report" my post and have the admins combine or delete mine.

http://www.therpf.com/f16/weird-message-license-number-131529/

Oops sorry mate, I never even did a search. I thought it was purely a Premium section thing because that's where it started for me

No worries. I put it in the open section because I didn't know if it was premium members or all members...or if I was banned. :confused

Just glad it wasn't just me.

It's a new forum add-on that we are working on. We will check into why that messages is coming up.

No worries. I put it in the open section because I didn't know if it was premium members or all members...or if I was banned. :confused

Just glad it wasn't just me.

Lol I think we should find out what they do when you are banned. I have been locked out before and thought I had been banned. It's not a nice feeling.

I saw your thread, it was 1 minute after mine..do a search in future! :lol

Well, dammit Art...we pay for premium service and I demand we get it. None of this "lock out" crap.

:behave :lol Just kidding. Thankfully it wasn't anything major. I was seriously starting to :confused :wacko when I couldn't get in.

A simple message appears on your screen after you log in explaining that you have been banned, and it gives the reason why.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back