RPF! Help me pick my next youtube video build project!

MattMunson

Master Member
With the Arkham City grapple gun nearing an end, I'm thinking ahead to what my next project should be. I want something that I can work on intermittently, as I will also be juggling my second R2 and MattMobile in the new year.

Any suggestions? I'd like it to be something that hasn't already been done a hundred times, or something that hasn't been done properly. I like hand props, but I could do something bigger. Costume piece? Dunno. Give me some suggestions.

Something that would be challenging, and would also involve construction techniques that are interesting and have not been well documented before.

I have three things in mind right now, but I don't want to lead the conversation down one particular path, so I'll leave it open ended.

Let me know what you think!

2 Words......

Latex Cape.

From mold to finished casting....:cool
That's something a lot of people would benefit from.:thumbsup

In any case, whatever it is you choose....we'll all watch and follow along anyhow.:lol

David

Matt, you knocked it out of the park with the Arkham gun because it was super relevant and came out with the release of the game. I would be looking for more items along those lines and if you want to stick to video games, you can never go wrong.

Art's onto a good thing there Matt. Although I would love to see a replica of the Tin game from Zathura for something different. it certainly would be a challenge lol

R2 sounds great too.

Best
TAZ

Why not document your R2 build? I'd love to see a video series on that!

Sean

In all seriousness, I gotta agree with the above. It's something I'd love to see you do.

The attraction to your vids is not only the subject matter, but also the presenter. Matt, you have an innate ability to draw your audience into the project with your personality and sense of humor, no matter what you build. You could do a vid on the most mundane thing like cutting the lawn or painting a room, and it would be a hit.

Great suggestions and feedback so far. Keep them coming!

Ideally, I'd like to do something that hasn't been done before. Or at least, something that has remained a mystery for a long time. I think that's why I sort of shy away from the R2 build. It's been done and documented a million times before. Still, it might be interesting.

If anything, I could make the occasional R2 video in addition to a project that was dedicated to a build series.

The other bummer is that I'm already well into my R2 build, so I couldn't start from the beginning. One of the things I personally liked about the Grapple gun build is that it literally started with a sketch on a piece of paper.

I think I prefer that "uncharted territory" aspect to a potential project, as opposed to simply documenting my attempt at work that has been done a million times before.

Also, to give you an IDEA of the path I'm thinking down, it occurred to me to try the telescoping assassins creed wrist gauntlet/stilettos. Making the mill for the grapple gun made me realize how much I enjoy engineering challenges, and something like that is just filled with trouble!! :lol

How about Snake Eye's new costume from GI JOE 2? I'd love to see how to build the armor from scratch.

gijoescreen26.jpg

Or if you wanted to go the weapon/prop route, how about the Series 4 Deatomizer? In all my years collecting Men in Black stuff I've NEVER seen a replica of it.

Series4DeatomizerandNoisyCricket.jpg

I've been watching Empire Strikes Back, how about a Lobot head piece? You have a small prop, a costume piece and electronics. I'm sure what ever you pick will be great. I've already added to my toolbox from your videos.

Also, to give you an IDEA of the path I'm thinking down, it occurred to me to try the telescoping assassins creed wrist gauntlet/stilettos. Making the mill for the grapple gun made me realize how much I enjoy engineering challenges, and something like that is just filled with trouble!! :lol

I like the idea of the stiletto. PLEASE do not do any Dr. Who, Iron-Man, Skyrim stuff. They seem to be the only things on the board recently.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back