RPF Competition - ID the part & win a saber!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to ask the question - "What was readily available in the UK in 1978-79?"

It looks like an extractor fan vent cover.

Originally posted by Blad@Jan 24 2006, 12:54 AM
You have to ask the question - "What was readily available in the UK in 1978-79?"

It looks like an extractor fan vent cover.
[snapback]1166255[/snapback]​
That sounds like it may be close...

i think what ANH trooper said sounds correct... ive seen these kinds of drains, and thats what it looks like, but more for a yard, maybe originally green... that circle would be so you could knock it out, and a hose or pipe could be fitted if nescessary, i swear ive seen ones like this.

Originally posted by oldken@Jan 24 2006, 12:25 AM
i think what ANH trooper said sounds correct... ive seen these kinds of drains, and thats what it looks like, but more for a yard, maybe originally green... that circle would be so you could knock it out, and a hose or pipe could be fitted if nescessary, i swear ive seen ones like this.
[snapback]1166272[/snapback]​

The gully thing is kinda close, but no winner yet. I have searched Ebay from top to bottom on fans, fan covers, vent axia, extractor fans, ventilation systems etc and haven't found anything even vagueley close.

From Google 'gulley cover' seemsto be a brit expression. Anyone know if there is a US equivalent?

Originally posted by Birdie@Jan 24 2006, 02:20 AM
From Google 'gulley cover' seemsto be a brit expression. Anyone know if there is a US equivalent?
[snapback]1166364[/snapback]​

Gully grate or grating seems to get a lot of hits and also drain / drainage grate / grating. Catch basins also.

Don't worry we are still looking :) .

Found something close but no banana just yet

http://www.crescentfoundry.com/catch_basin...ings_index.html

http://www.crescentfoundry.com/iron_castin...rame_grate.html

These drainage safety lids look on track as well http://www.tuf-tite.com/safetylids.html

Cheers Chris.

You know the old Tupperware pitchers with the push-button lid?

What's on the inside of that lid?

It IS a floor drain used in bathrooms. I dont know the exact maker...but I know that it can be found.
I get back when I find it.

Originally posted by Solo Nomo@Jan 28 2006, 01:54 AM
This is killing me... i KNOW i've seen this, held it.
[snapback]1170267[/snapback]​

This is funny because I believe I have seen it, held it before, sure hope its not the
drain grate in the shower. :lol :lol :lol Whatever it is Im sure everyone will go yeah I knew it, once its figured out.

Kell

OK I've found the part.

Well at least I'm pretty sure it's the closest thing your gonna find.It's black plastic and measures 6 inch in diameter.It looks very much like the same peice but without it here in my hands I cannot say for sure if it matches exactly.

If your still wanting this part I can get it for you.

LMK,

-Paul.

Originally posted by troopermaster@Feb 13 2006, 09:20 PM
OK I've found the part.

Well at least I'm pretty sure it's the closest thing your gonna find.It's black plastic and measures 6 inch in diameter.It looks very much like the same peice but without it here in my hands I cannot say for sure if it matches exactly.

If your still wanting this part I can get it for you.

LMK,

-Paul.
[snapback]1183477[/snapback]​

Can you say what it is, or any pics?

It's a gullet cover just as I thought.I don't have any pics and the retailer doesn't have a website but I can assure you it is almost the same.It has the small inner circle too.

Just giving a friendly bump.

Out of curiosity, what are the other greeblies? I remember something about an ice cube tray, but that's about it.

-Fred

As far as I know, the ice cube tray is the only identified part on the tracker. I'd love to know what all the other bitsare.

The switches on the top resemble faders from a mixing desk.

<div class='quotetop'>(Macklin @ Jan 28 2006, 04:07 AM) [snapback]1170273[/snapback]</div>
You know the old Tupperware pitchers with the push-button lid?

What's on the inside of that lid?
[/b]
Nothing really, the ridged (inside) pops out of the top part, and the button falls out. Three parts & AFAIK unless you're making a sandtrooper backpack they're not of much prop value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back