Suggestion RPF Blog

JD

Master Member
After reading some of the posts Art's made on Facebook - with the most recent announcing September will focus on Women in the hobby, it's starting to seem like something a little more solid than a simple post might be needed on the RPF to highlight certain things... maybe it's just overkill, but I think it could be a great idea to create blog-type thing that could highlight certain things... and to occasionally make editorial type comments.

This could be a great way for the staff to make accouncements and to highlight certain members hobby skills and other members writing skills. ...the posts, while moderated by the staff could also consist of things that they don't necessarily agree with or endorse ("The opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the RPF, its staff or anyone in particular"), of course - it wouldn't be outiright inflammatory or anything (duh).

On occasion, perhaps it would highlight a thread and link to it and be a boon to discussion in that thread. On occasion, it might highlight a movie or just be a silly review.

I'd love to see a rotating staff of writers develop (like newspaper columnists) and not see just the usual gang of folks.

JD, you are 100% right and your thinking is right in line with ours (scary that we have come so far, isn't it?). This all ties in with vB 4, which has an integrated blog/article system! We hope that we will have MANY contributing writers to share their experiences about different facets of the hobby!

JD, you are 100% right and your thinking is right in line with ours (scary that we have come so far, isn't it?). This all ties in with vB 4, which has an integrated blog/article system! We hope that we will have MANY contributing writers to share their experiences about different facets of the hobby!
Let me just reiterate that this is terrible idea and will simply destroy our hobby.

:wacko

:lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back