RPF 2nd Annual Halloween Contest - Kids - VOTE NOW!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Art Andrews, Nov 6, 2011.

?

Vote for your favorite kids costume!

1. 1. Princess Leia “Boushh” from Return of the Jedi

45 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. 2. Captain James Hook

47 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. 3. Power Droid aka “Gonk”

39 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. 4. Charlie Brown

38 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. 5. Program: Anon from Tron Revolution Game

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. 6. Ghostbuster from Ghostbusters

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  7. 7. Iron Man Mark IV Armor

103 vote(s)
    21.5%
  8. 8. WWII Captain America - Ultimate Captain America

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. 9. Blue Ninja - Jay from the Lego NINJAGO Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10. *Halo costumes

32 vote(s)
    6.7%
  11. 11. Princess Leia from Star Wars - A New Hope

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. 12. Rick O'Connell from The Mummy

18 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. 13. HR Giger's Alien from ALIEN

26 vote(s)
    5.4%
  14. 14. Movie Style Thor

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  15. 15. Bumblebee from Transformers

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. 16. Ghostbuster from Ghostbusters

4 vote(s)
    0.8%
  17. 17. Slash: Guns 'N' Roses

21 vote(s)
    4.4%
  18. 18. Stormtrooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. 19. Darth Vader

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  20. 20. Gonni Torrano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. 21. R2-D2

41 vote(s)
    8.6%
  22. 22. Boba Fett

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  23. 23. Snowtrooper

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

*** NOTE: Because we had to stop the contest and lost a day, we are going to run the contest through Monday, Nov 14 and announce winners on Nov 15

Last year was our first Halloween costume contest. We had 17 child entries!

Below are our 23 entries for the kids category of our second Halloween Contest!

Vote now for your favorite! Voting ends Nov 10 with winners being announced Nov 11!

You do NOT have to be a registered member to vote! Guests are welcome to vote as well!

First place winner will receive $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
    Runner-up will receive $25 Gift Card to Amazon.com

1. Princess Leia “Boushh” from Return of the Jedi
    View attachment 73994

2. Captain James Hook
    View attachment 73995

3. Power Droid aka “Gonk”
    View attachment 73996

4. Charlie Brown
    View attachment 73997

5. Program: Anon from Tron Revolution Game
    View attachment 73998

6. Ghostbuster from Ghostbusters
    View attachment 73999

7. Iron Man Mark IV Armor
    View attachment 74000

8. WWII Captain America - Ultimate Captain America
    View attachment 74001

9. Blue Ninja - Jay from the Lego NINJAGO Line
    View attachment 74002

10. Halo costumes
    View attachment 74003

11. Princess Leia from Star Wars - A New Hope
    View attachment 74004

12. Rick O'Connell from The Mummy
    View attachment 74005

13. HR Giger's Alien from ALIEN
    View attachment 74006

14. Movie Style Thor
    View attachment 74007

15. Bumblebee from Transformers
    View attachment 74008

16. Ghostbuster from Ghostbusters
    View attachment 74009

17. Slash: Guns 'N' Roses
    View attachment 74010

18. Stormtrooper
    View attachment 74011

19. Darth Vader
    View attachment 74012

20. Gonni Torrano
    View attachment 74013

21. R2-D2
    View attachment 74014

22. Boba Fett
    View attachment 74015

23. Snowtrooper
    View attachment 74016

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  2. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

Good work, everyone.

3. Syrinx

Syrinx New Member

What, no Murloc ? Noooo. These votes are hard, its like picking a favourite pie.

4. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

The kids contest always takes me the longest to vote for. They're all awesome.

5. LadyMegatron

LadyMegatron Active Member

Aww. Love the kids! Some of them are just too cute for their own good. :)

6. TeresaMRoberts

TeresaMRoberts Well-Known Member

Every local contest we entered this year we won. But this contest has REAL compitition! I'm SO IMPRESSED with ALL the costumes!!!!

7. mothmonty

mothmonty Well-Known Member

man I wish I had any one of those costumes when I was a kid. Excellent entries, every single one

8. TomGLFan

TomGLFan Well-Known Member

What an amazing bunch of young people! I wish I had their parents (and their costumes) when *I* was trick-or-treating!! Great work, all!

9. VariablePenguin

VariablePenguin Well-Known Member

Dang!! You parents rock! I wish I had costumes half as good as these as a kid.

10. Art Andrews

Well said. When I look at this, I don't see the kids as much as I see some uber-cool parents sharing their love for this hobby with the next generation and that is a truly awesome thing! Some day it may be some of the little tykes we see in this contest who are carrying on the torch and promoting this hobby! Kudos to all you parents (and kudos to your kids for putting up with it!):thumbsup

ONEYE likes this.
  11. Hogosha

Hogosha Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great job by everybody!

12. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

After looking at the women's and then the men's and now looking at these.... I quit! Lol

13. Shellhead

Shellhead Active Member

LOL! I feel the same way!!! Hahahaha--FANTASTIC JOB everyone in all categories!!

14. Crocoboxer

Crocoboxer New Member

I'm guessing these kids don't have any idea how lucky they are to have parents that can and will make costumes like these!

15. DoubleD

DoubleD Sr Member

Of all the categories this year, I think the children's category is the hardest one to choose a winner. There are some REALLY good costumes here incredible. Not to mention some of the poses are just too cute. Especially when done by a kid. Very tough to pick just one...

16. indiefilmgeek

indiefilmgeek Sr Member

I thought ONE Ironman suit was a big project... you make THREE halo armor sets!? Wow... just, wow. lol

17. AbbyDarkStar

AbbyDarkStar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd like to adopt the kids AND the parents!! These are all so great!!! What a great way to share your love of the hobby!!

18. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So many great costumes. Lucky kids!

19. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

WOW! Good job to all the parents and kids on these AWESOME costumes! It is just so hard to pick just one. Normally when you are voting on a costume contest, there is one CLEAR winner and some runners up... but this forum is nothing like that! There are soooo many good costumes! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

20. Eveningarwen

Eveningarwen Well-Known Member

agreed! These are all so amazing! It was so hard to choose just one but I have to say that that Boussh Leia just had me coming back. So awesome!! Great job both parents and kids!

21. LadyMegatron

LadyMegatron Active Member

Hey, as Bumblebee's Mom, to me, it's all about sharing the love with the next generation. Matt is just as into this as I am, he helps with the construction, comes up with a lot of the mechanics and ideas himself. He picks the costumes he wants made too, and is a real trooper when it comes to the trying on pieces and parts dozens and dozens of times. He hates taking them off when it comes time to get out of them once they are done too, he's such a character! :) He's been in full cosplay since he was 5, he's 12 now, so I guess you could say it's part of life for us now. We've had a lot of kids go 'OMG! Your Mom is so cool!', and I've even had adults older than me say 'ADOPT ME!', but really I owe it to others who got ME into it and were my inspirations and to my parents who started me at an early age in costumes too. I'm just passing the tradition on. :) Without passing it to the next generation, we loose everything we stand for and love to do. I see a great future ahead in these kiddos!

22. poopymcbutthole

poopymcbutthole Sr Member

i have to say out of all the contests this one was the most unfair to choose from because they are all equally fantastic and adorable ... but i must say alien got my vote .. because all i wanted to be in my childhood was a xenomorph lol great job guys!!! you all have awesome moms and dads

23. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

This was by far the hardest for me to choose only one. Really awesome costumes everyone!

24. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Phenomenal costumes guys! Was hard to pic!

25. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

Voted. This was harder to pick than the male and female combined!!! There are a lot of great ones in this part of the contest!!! Good luck everybody!

26. Doh2

Doh2 Sr Member

These sure beat the heck out of the Ben Cooper costumes I had when I was a kid...

27. War Trooper

War Trooper New Member

These kids got the coolest parents! They all win!

28. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

*** NOTE: We have temporarily closed the voting due to some technical issues. Voting will probably reopen sometime tomorrow. As a result of this issue, the voting will be extended, and we will announce a revised closing date.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  29. Art Andrews

Hello everyone. I am sure you are wondering why we shut down the voting for the costume contest earlier today. If you have looked at the poll results, you are also probably wondering why all the numbers are drastically lower than they were earlier today.

Late yesterday a couple of members recognized a loophole in the polling software that allowed non-members to vote repeatedly for a single entrant. We let it slide because it didn’t appear that anyone was taking advantage of that fact or skewing the contest results. Unfortunately that changed earlier today and got so bad that we were forced to stop the polls.

Our initial intent was to allow both members and non-members vote in this contest, allowing entrants to encourage their friends as well as fellow board members to vote for them. However, because we can’t control non-members from exploiting this loophole and voting repeatedly, we have been forced to block non-members from voting and discounting all non-member votes.

We are very sorry that it has come to this and that a few over-zealous non-members have ruined it for everyone. We are resuming the voting (keeping all members votes) but only allowing members to vote.

To the entrants, you can still have your friends vote for you, but unfortunately, they will have to register to be able to vote. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Because we had to stop the contest and lost a day, we are going to run the contest through Monday, Nov 14 and announce winners on Nov 15.

30. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Wow, much harder than the adults one!
    These kids are cool, but the passion the parents bring just make this contest brilliant!
    Although if you have the kids involved, it would make it so much more fun for everyone in the family.

31. TeresaMRoberts

TeresaMRoberts Well-Known Member

That really stinks that people ruin it for the rest of us. I had all my Facebook friends voiting and all the Hook movie fans from around the world voting because I posted a link on the Hook moive site. :cry

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  32. Shellhead

Shellhead Active Member

Yeah, this was unfortuante. As much as I am a proud poppa of one of the entrants, I should have gotten my head out of the clouds to realize there's only so far the 'cute' vote could go with so many very impressive and wonderful costumes in this category. I just hope my social and work connections didn't botch this up for all. I shot my contacts an email this morning on the reasons the poll results have been scaled back and though I don't believe any of them had anything to do with it, I can't count out a few wanting to help a buddy out with no il-intention.
    Art, if you can identify my entry's involvement, I will gladly withdraw the entry because this was supposed to be fun for all--in every category--and I don't want my little boy to be a part of it if it wasn't honest.

33. jedimarkj

jedimarkj Well-Known Member

Really fantastic all!

The Charlie Brown is adorable!

34. Tobor the great

Tobor the great Member

I think you all look great . I love the Gonk droid. I wish we had Halloween in Australia

35. Kithunter

Kithunter Well-Known Member

All the entries in this category is a winner....well done kids!!!

36. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

THey're all great, all you parents should be proud. I think thats the first Gonk ive seen before and it came out great!

37. Mrs. Atlanthia

Mrs. Atlanthia New Member

I'm so glad you've extended the voting, although I don't know how on earth I'm gonna pick which one I like the most.....it's a bit like asking which of your own kids is your favourite ;-P

38. Gorgot3000

Gorgot3000 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wish one day have a kid to do some costumes for him or her ... they are so cute :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  39. mewt

mewt New Member

I've voted for one but I have to point out that I think all the kids are winners cos they have great parents who go to a lot of trouble to make Halloween as fun as possible. Well done to everyone who took part.

40. Izzzie

Izzzie Member

Be still, my heart! These kids are SO ADORABLE. I awwed so very hard, and was very awed by the amount of effort parents have put in for their kids. (Please don't kill me for that terrible pun!) Lady Megatron, it's awesome that your son gets involved with the build itself :) May the best costume win!