Royce's Berserker Predator Trophy

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As some of you may know, I managed to get an original casting of the prototype Berserker bio-mask from KNB. I actually like the jaw of the prototype better than the final jaw... but that is another story. Anyway, I cast this piece up and made replicas with it and am about to start on a project I always wanted to do.

In my mind, Royce would have surely held onto some of the Predator's technology, ala Noland, after the final fight and the helmet is the most obvious choice. We see Royce knock the Berserkers mask off near the end of the movie and I would think he would have salvaged it for later use. I envision it something like this:

predator-proto-casting2.jpg

So, I am starting with a clean casting, but it feels just a little too clean. I think there should be one large crack from the damage Royce did with the axe during the final battle, but I am struggling with just how that crack/axe chop should go. Below is a clean photo of the mask. I'd love to see some of the members here photoshop up where they think the chop mark should be. Give me your ideas!

predator-proto-casting.jpg

When you use an alternative jaw, you can also choose an alternative death for the Berserker.
So no need for an axe-stroke on the bio. But some lost teeth on the jaw and/ or a brooken jaw would be interesting.
Anyway when you finished with battle-damages and paint-job, glue the leather-strap on the jaw, so it looks hogtied.
Here are some of my favoites damages on bios.

fincelt2.jpg

urbanhunter- (24).jpg

I did and offered them up for about 6 months! NO ONE bought one. :( Took a massive bath on that and the cannon, but such is the nature...

Oh man that is a great looking bio. I love it ,You need to cast some for the brothers here ;)

Cheers

Alex

Funny thing everyone does the damage to the left side of the bio ,why don't you try some damage to the right side :cool:

Alex

Funny thing everyone does the damage to the left side of the bio ,why don't you try some damage to the right side :cool:

Alex

My guess is that it falls to this side because most attackers would be right handed and blows would tend to fall more heavily on the right side of the face... but maybe I am overthinking it.

I had been a boxer for many and I am left handed and have done a lot damage to the right side of heads LOL

I just think for a change the right side could do with some damage , when I eventually get around to battling up a bio I will be doing the right side ;)

Alex

Yeah deffo do the damage some where else I've done the damage on the same side across the same eye. Mine is a celtic bio thou. I deffo think you need to look at other metal damage or maybe get hold of some aluminium as it's soft and hit it with an axe. Then you'll have a perfect idea of what it would look like the you could transfer it anywhere.

Deffo not over the right eye thou. It's a celtic thing.

Love the jaw, would you mind sending me some profile and closer detailed pics please Art?

Last edited:
The damage to the Berserker's helmet is on the right side of the helmet. Also he takes some damage to the top of the helmet when he falls for Royce's booby trap.

Untitled.png

I believe those are all burn marks. I have seen that helmet in person and it is all burn texture. Sadly, for all that Royce hits the Berserker with an axe, I don't think there are any axe marks at all on the real helmets.... so anything we do is just fictional.

The damage to the Berserker's helmet is on the right side of the helmet. Also he takes some damage to the top of the helmet when he falls for Royce's booby trap.

View attachment 123039

Fictional is good though. This gives you the opportunity to add some personal touches to it while trying to keep it screen used. I would, in my opinion, think about what it would look like with damage marks to both sides of the bio. For instance, he hit it pretty good while running, which would make me think some would have a more "pounded" look like if you hit a hammer on some wood. Another thought could be that perhaps one or two hits on the bio came from more of a blade angle. This would give a slight "cut look", like you grazed a tree while chopping it.

For the texture, you could use Liquitex Ceramic Stucco. This has a good texture that you could use to give it the blast damage. You can see it in my juggernaut bio:

http://www.liquitex.com/ceramicstucco/

935775_562742800414513_341160755_n.jpg

If you are going for fictional you can play around with the texture like Munson said. I particularly like to do Rust effects on the armor. Since the part of the planet where the Predators have his hunting games is a jungle, I can see it very humid. Maybe the Predators "watching" over on top of the trees, rain pouring. So the armor will be very rusted, cracked from all battles, etc.

Here is a picture of a helmet I did a couple of years ago for Mike Micca.

5123-1384967477-980fbc2481802a2930d9a9c39b737d00.jpg

5125-1384967519-714338b89dfdc0a8f4665b56c0096a64.jpg

CIMG1057.jpg

CIMG1061.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back