Roy Harper - Arsenal costume (photo intense)

Jeryhorn

This is the costume worn by Colton Haynes (Roy Harper) in the hit T.V. show Arrow from the CW network. I worked directly with Cosplaysky to get this costume as close to screen accurate as possible and was excited to get my order in when they had made the changes I suggested to them. This is a very complicated costume with many parts, so it did take some time for them to make it and get it to me, a little longer than normal for them, but it was so very worth the wait.
While I was waiting for the costume to show up I started making and modifying the props and accessories to finish it off. These consisted of the bow, arrows, back knives, hip knife, belt pouch, crossbow bolts, throwing knives and the batons. Wow that’s a lot of weapons I guess that’s why he is the Arsenal.

The costume from Cosplaysky consists of the pants which are made from black pleather and spandex with red piping accents, jacket which is also made from pleather and has the red fade to black coloring just like the show, black pleather belt and drop holsters also all with red piping accents and the baton holsters that are also made from black pleather. The ensemble also comes with gloves and a mask which I replaced with more screen accurate items.

This costume looks awesome. I did make a few upgrades and modifications to it, but was really happy with it right out of the packaging. The one thing I wanted to change right away was the belt, it is a thin pleather and sags under the weight of the drop holsters when they have their weapons in them. I decided to back the belt with industrial nylon webbing to make it sturdier. I have also since doing these photos replaced the buckle for a more screen accurate one.

The quality of this ensemble is great, I do wish they would use better materials for the rigging like the belts and holsters, but that being said the craftsmanship and needle work is as always top notch. I used custom measurements when I ordered the costume and as always was worried about the fit when it arrived. I was happy to say everything fit perfectly, the jacket is a little snug, but that is how it is supposed to be. The zipper in the jacket doesn’t seem to be of the best quality, and sometimes doesn’t zip up correctly.

Would I recommend this costume? Absolutely. Even with some of the alterations I made this costume is great value for money and close enough to the screen worn costume that most people will think it’s a replica.

You can see the costume on Cosplaysky

You can view more of the build on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/IdentityCrisisCostuming?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

also check out my web site
http://www.identitycrisiscostuming.com/

2015-04-16 19.06.05.jpg 2015-04-16 19.06.27.jpg 2015-04-16 19.06.53.jpg
2015-04-16 20.01.56.jpg2015-04-16 20.03.57.jpg
IMG_7967.JPG IMG_7981.JPG IMG_7986.JPG IMG_7974.JPG

And a couple of fun shots
IMG_8008.JPG IMG_8018.JPG IMG_8025.JPG

2015-04-16 19.06.05.jpg

2015-04-16 19.06.27.jpg

2015-04-16 19.06.53.jpg

2015-04-16 20.01.56.jpg

2015-04-16 20.03.57.jpg

IMG_7967.JPG

IMG_7981.JPG

IMG_7986.JPG

IMG_7974.JPG

IMG_8008.JPG

IMG_8018.JPG

IMG_8025.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks amazing! I'm interested in how you made your batons (I assume they weren't included with the costume :))? Also, what were your back knives made out of? Was that quiver included in the costume as shown here (I know you made some reinforcements etc to it, but did you actually make it?). So many questions!

That looks amazing! I'm interested in how you made your batons (I assume they weren't included with the costume :))? Also, what were your back knives made out of? Was that quiver included in the costume as shown here (I know you made some reinforcements etc to it, but did you actually make it?). So many questions!

To start with thank you, And feel free to ask questions that's what these threads are all about :)

OK The Batons I used wood doweling, I used a pipe cutter to score the end to resemble caps. I then sprayed them with a satin black and used silver rub n buff on the fake end caps.

The back knives I made out of sintra. I make a pattern from the actual knife then traced that on to my sintra board and cut them out and shaped them with a dremel. I then sprayed them with silver and then misted black over them. The leather sheath I made from scratch. I created a pattern from the knives I had made.

As for the quiver, it did come with the Cosplaysky costume, its not perfect and a little on the small side but, it works just fine for me.

here is a link to my build photo album on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.799818173417299.1073741852.793116487420801&type=3

Thanks for the answers. Also () were the fletchings on the arrows feathers or plastic vanes, and what poundage was that bow? Were the con staff OK with it?

The fletchings are feather they came all red I painted one of the three black like the shows arrows.
The bow is a standard Jr. bow just like the one on the show. I have not had any issues yet, but I am sure there will be some CON's that will not allow it

Thanks you :) I have upgraded the belt buckle to the screen accurate one now.
image.jpg

Also here is a fun shot with the Arrow team I am a part of

image.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back