Roy Burns Friday the 13th V

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by cayman shen, Sep 14, 2015.

1. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Budget Roy Burns build. Yes, I can see all the inaccuracies. But the goal here is quick and cheap, not perfect. So I'm not spending one penny on filler, or rivets, or anything else I might need to accurize this. The goal here is to do the best I can with what I have.

Got the first ten layers of paint on the mask so far. Total cost: $2.88 for a cheapo mask from China, a few minutes of my time. Almost to the finish line! 1. Bare mask, cleaned and sanded. 2. Krylon Fusion Almond. 3. Clearcoat. Mask and paint chevrons. 4. Clearcoat again. 5. Dirt wash applied. 6. Dirt wash scrubbed off. Easy breezy. 0912151736.jpg

Stay tuned for part two!

0912151736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. cayman shen

A grand total of seventeen layers of paint, but the mask is done. I don't feel like it captures the V masks white with gray splotches vibe at all, but what can you do? I'm going to accurize the straps, but then I'm calling it done. My coverall is in the mail. Went with spruce green. Looks navy onscreen, but...I'm pretty sure it's spruce. I hope it is!

Attached Files:

3. cayman shen

Red Kap coveralls and a Wal Mart machete (blunted). Crappy pics don't show much detail, and not a very flashy costume, but for about 35 bucks, it gets the job done.

Attached Files:

4. gothic

gothic Sr Member

that's a lot of layers but worth it

cayman shen likes this.
  5. cayman shen

And an outdoor shot for good measure! Halloween's over so off to ebay with this bad boy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  6. gothic

gothic Sr Member

well done for getting it finished

cayman shen likes this.