Round 2 Enterprise B build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Well things have slowed down for the first time in over a year here. So needing to keep the bills paid and money for the Star Trek movie I'm going to be building a series of Star Trek models to resale and or auction off.

Most of the builds will be covered on video with some pictures. As usual with all my builds I ill take you though the build step by step. The idea is to help others that my want to a temp building fully lighted and customized models from out of the box as it were.

When ever I can I'll be using after market parts, lighting, decals, and Lou's famous Aztek Dummy masks. Lou just sent me a test set for this model.

Hope you enjoy the ride!

Steve

Enterprsie B one.wmv - YouTube

Re: Round 2 Enterprise be build

Steve, you've just made my day, buddy!

Can't wait to see more progress on this! your builds should be required viewing!

Rich

Good luck Steve, I'll be watching this closely, I've got one of the original AMT kits that has yet to be built, so I'll enjoy watching you. Can't wait to see it finished and see what you get for it.

Well things have slowed down for the first time in over a year here. So needing to keep the bills paid and money for the Star Trek movie I'm going to be building a series of Star Trek models to resale and or auction off.

Most of the builds will be covered on video with some pictures. As usual with all my builds I ill take you though the build step by step. The idea is to help others that my want to a temp building fully lighted and customized models from out of the box as it were.

When ever I can I'll be using after market parts, lighting, decals, and Lou's famous Aztek Dummy masks. Lou just sent me a test set for this model.

Hope you enjoy the ride!

Steve

Enterprsie B one.wmv - YouTube

I also recently bought this kit for a good price so I will follow this with great interest

I'll be watching this one for sure. I built my B some years ago using the reference pics of the Lakota over on SSM. Took me probably 6 months to finish it handbrushing all the azteking albeit with little to no masking. I call it azteking only loosely though as the pattern is pretty random. Mine wasn't lit though; I look forward to seeing how you handle the tight spaces inside this ugly duckling of a model.

I can't wait to see this! Are you doing anything to the raised panel lines? I thought they were really out of scale and even before putting the aztek decals on mine, I thought it looked better completely smooth.

Sweet! I love watching your techniques and learning from them. Subscribed!

And that's why I don't do windows... at least for this model.
Too dang small! Good luck getting them all straight and even Steve.
If anyone can do it, you can!

great video thank you, I am about to start on mine. I hadn't planned on lighting it but after seeing your video its given me the bug, something to keep me occupied whilst I take a break from the scratchbuilt Excelsior

Not gonna lie, I watched the last several minutes of a blank, black screen. Just hoping that you wold come back on and show some more. haha.

Yeah I wondered what was up with the black screen too :lol

The windows are looking great, really fine work! I'd go cross eyed doing that.

Running fiber to the windows is a great idea Steve. Should really help with ensuring uniformity.

Not to go OT but you mentioned in the vid that you get your fiber from The Fiber Optic Store, can you tell me what sizes you buy from them?
I have some fiber but it's from an old fiber optic kit and it's the small diameter, thin stuff and I'd like to order some of the thicker sizes I see you using.

The Fiber Optic Store.com As for the sizes I have been using so far .50mm and .75mm.

As for the black I'm not sure what caused that.

I have since drilled out the fiber optics as I feel it would be better to use just the straight holes now that I've learned ti correct them and back light only. Those tests I did with just white paper looked good and it will save ton of time.

The other disadvantage is having to slice them off flush with the surface while not scratch the paint job. Tough one.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back